My girlfriend took money from me and I yell at her. Who's wrong in this situation me or my girlfriend?

Usually my girlfriends really nice and sweet. But recently I figured out that she's been taking money from me without asking. I don't care that she's taking money I just care that she's lying to me not being honest, makes me feel like she doesn't really care about me and that she is just using me. The other day I caught her doing it, I ask her what she's doing. She says she didn't think I would care. I explained I don't really care I just think she's not being honest with me. I started yelling at her and she got upset and cried. Then I left. Who's wrong in this situation me or her?

• She's wrong.
  • Your wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't quite understand that you don't care that she's taking money from you! I would be livid if my partner took my money (or anything else that is mine), and I would never dream of taking my partner's money either. I guess we're just different in that aspect. But this mindset to just take and spend someone else's money is something I cannot comprehend.

I believe you're well within you're right to be upset that she just took it without telling/asking you. I can't believe she believes she has a right to be upset when it's so blatantly obvious to everyone that it's not ok to just steal.

Why does she even need your money? Does she not have a job? How long have you been together?

• We have been together for a few months. I don't care if she takes my money because her being dishonest with me is what really hurts. And yeah she does not have a job now.

• Okay i'll do that. Thank you.

• Good luck to you and all the best. Also, thank you for MHO :)

What Girls Said 3

• She's lucky all you did was yell at her. Some guys would have beat her ass. I don't really advocate men hitting women but she should at least get a strong backhand for that.

• The word you are looking for is STEALING. She has been STEALING money from you. Of course she is wrong.

• You don't take anyone else's money without asking, PERIOD. That's a basic moral concept everyone should've been taught as a child.

She's not entitled to it. Doesn't matter if you're dating, married, whatever. It is NOT hers to spend as she chooses. You had every right to yell at her.

• I guess your right thanks.

What Guys Said 5

• The fact she is intentionally acting behind your back is a calculated move to steal from you. Not cool.

• I think she's wrong but you should get her help.

• Its stealing plus what if she was giving it to someone else

• So she's a lying thief who is using you for your money, you yell at her, and you wonder if you're in the wrong.

A grow a fucking sack and some goddamn self-respect. Dump the bitches ass, and fuck, press charges on her.

• It was wrong of her and you acted in an appropriate way kudos to you. But since she felt bad maybe she won't do it again

• She did feel guilty.

• Maybe she genuinely thought it wasn't a big deal to take from you. so see it in a non Malicious way...

Not worth breaking up for