Guys, what girl would you rather date?

Girl 1: Your personalities are almost the opposite. Have known for years and finally decided to ask out. She is shy, but when she starts to get to know you and be with you more often she starts to come out of her shell. She is your age or a little bit younger then you, by a few months. She has never hasn't been in a real relationship before. She has set boundaries with you. She dress up and does her hair just for you. Likes video games and would rather read a book then go out to parties. Nerdy type, wears glasses.

Or...

Girl 2: very much like your personality, likes your music. Have only known for a few weeks. She is very demanding, and asks you questions that are personal. She doesn't dress up, she usually wears sweatpants and a t-shirt when you go out. She would rather lay around and do nothing with you. Does not set boundaries, very open. A year of dating she broke up with you because you went to the army, she did not want you to go.

Who would you choose?

• Girl #1 why?
    70% (39)
  • Girl #2 why?
    30% (17)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Well neither of them to be honest but if I have to choose I'd go with #2.

Girl one has some great traits but overall it would never work out. If our personalities don't match at all then she shares none of my interests so we'll be a lot more distant.
    She's shy so most of our time is going to feel like I'm trying way too hard to get a positive response... so it's already a one sided relationship.

I don't mind the boundaries and I like that she dresses well and bothers to look nice for me and the fact she's not into the party life... but still we'd be at opposite ends every step of the way.

• I really like this thank you, makes more sense now.

• Being shy isn't that bad... I'm pretty confident so I don't mind putting in the effort to get a girl to open up.
      The hard part is trying to get a girl to open up when you have nothing in common... which is why I said personality match was your problem.

• Thanks for mH!

What Guys Said 33

• I chose A because she sounds more appealing to me. But then again, who would want go out with someone who already broke up with them? The only GOOD quality she has is tha she is open. But everything else about her makes it not worth it. Honestly, its kinda rigged, i get the feeling that you wanted everyone to choose girl A, or perhaps you ARE girl A?

Anyway, i also caught something that doesn't make sense. For girl B, it says in the beginning that i have only known her for a few weeks. But then it says that i had been dating her for a year... How does that work? 😧

• In my case, Girl #1 would be a complete contradiction because that is EXACTLY how I am. It would be impossible for her to be all that yet have a personality that's the opposite of mine.

The only thing I like about Girl #2 is that she likes the music I like. But that's nowhere near enough for me to consider her.

• Girl #1 will treat me like I'm special to her.

• I want the first half of B, i like strong character in a woman, but wearing sweatpants and putting no effort into appearances? that is just lazy. I am not saying you have to go all out but still try some please, I do... also I respect her for sticking to her opinion of the military and breaking up with you, I would never date someone in the military myself.

The second half of A sounds really great, but she sound s a bit shy and timid, also I have been in a few very serious relationships already, so I would feel a bit frustrated with her perhaps if she does not know how these things work... but I could get over that if she was worth it no problem.

if you could mash these two together, it would be perfect!

• Neither. The first because of being opposites the second because she broke up for joining the Army. I'm a Navy vet and that's big to me

• I would really like girl #1, but the boundaries are a big no for me. Maybe it's because of my age, but the whole "Too nervous/shy to have sex" I am done with. So I would respectfully decline... Girl #2 looks good, but she is demanding and would break up for stupid reasons so no thanks...

• well, you said the opposite of me, but then went ahead and basically described me, so that's strange.

but ignoring that, I chose girl 2 because I'm not a huge fan of boundaries. Also, sweatpants and a t-shirt are hot.

• There are things of both that I like and dislike, most likely I wouldn't go out with any of them, but I chose A cause B doesn't dress up and seems lazy.

• Is this a trick question? Why ask a who you'd rather date and one of the options is a girl who broke up with you. Also who are the idiots who chose her? Anyway it should be obvious which one I chose and to be honest your "has a personality a lot like yours" on girl#2 threw me off because girl #1 actually sounds a lot like me and that is the reason why I'd prefer her (in addition to her not dumping me for leaving to go to the Army). I actually am in the Army by the way.

• Definitely A! That is totally my type. That's really what i like. Not my opposite though. Pretty similar to my own personality

• Because girl #1 respects herself and you as well. Girl #2 is a feminist pig
    who'll look and act like Rosie O'Donnell one day. Girls #2 will most likely
    end up as a single mother who no man will ever want to be with. I've seen
    this very thing many times.

• Girl 2, Haha, Seems awfully fitting considering i plan on joining the Army in 2017 Haha.

• Out of those two, it would have to be #1, even though that wouldn't be my type in reality. Definitely wouldn't want one that just lays around all day and wears nothing but sweatpants and t-shirt. She wouldn't have to "dress up", but at least have some motivation...

• #2. I prefer a more open-minded, experienced and outgoing woman than a shy woman, even though I'm shy myself.

• I would never join the Army. Girl A is not my opposite.

• You are gearing us towards girl 1. Girl 2 has more negative than positives.

• That's exactly what I said, he didn't like me because I was too shy...

• I like number one because I can trust her

• I am joining the RM after school and I would not change my life for a girl after a year because then we won't work out as I won't conform to a life I dont want to live

• Well girl 1 all the way but she's not the opposite of my personality at all, so I can't relate to that.

• Girl 2 lost me at demanding.

• This person is most likely to stick with you.

• Girl 2:Someone being demanding and at the same time being relaxed (that is an opposite and I doubt I could find that)? Also I would never go to the army.

• I guess #1 is a supportive chick so #1 i chose you.

• Girl #1 had me at shy. I love shy girls!

• Girl A. It would really be interesting to have opposite personalities.

• Are these the only girls left in the world?

• 1 I'm a bit like That myself

• Sounds similar number two.

• The one with the bigger boobs.

• Girl 2, all the way... I love casual and sporty girls (who wear sweatpants and t-shirt). Basically, I would never go to army, I don't like it.
    Girl one is completely unacceptable for me, I don't like shy, nerdy girls with glasses.

• More from Guys
    3