When a guy has long term feelings?

If you're a 23 yr old guy and has liked the same girl for the past 4 years and has feelings for her (you're not together yet bc you want to finish college first) then these would be serious feelings right? Would you be thinking about marriage? What would would you think about?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a big hell no! If the guy was thinking about marriage I'd tell you to run, run like the wind! There's a world of difference between lusting after a person you don't know particularly well, and establishing that after an extended period of getting to know each other intimately in the routine business of life, you're so convinced that you're right for each other for ever that you propose marriage.

What I would be thinking is I need to crack on and get together with you to start building a relationship - I'd have no preconceived ideas about where that might end up. You have to start building a house with a first brick, and it takes many thousands more bricks before you can move in! One step at a time... don't go loading up a new relationship with 4 years of baggage that really has no value or relevance in the bigger scheme of things.

Most Helpful Girl

• how could you be thinking about marriage if theyve never dated?

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe but I haven't actually had the experience of her being my girlfriend so nothing is set in stone, she might be totally different to what I expect.

What Girls Said 1

• Not necessary.. he might be just thinking about dating and stuff..