Is it weird if I give guys who are interested in me a chance?

I had a friend telling me that one of my guy friends might like me. I told her that I wouldn't be against dating him. I don't currently like him, but I'm down to give guys a chance to convince me. I should, of course be physically and mentally attracted to them. In other words, I'll be interested only if they are, and I would give them a chance.
I'm kinda picky with guys too, so giving them a chance like I do is a way for me to see if I could actually like them and if we have things in common.
What do you guys think of this way of thinking?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating people to find out who they are used to be the norm before people started sleeping on the first or second date. The ease of sex has made many guys not want to work at getting someone to like them, and that will not change soon. You are showing maturity in dating guys in order to find common interest, etc. Many girls will not date unless the guy looks hot, or is popular, etc., but many times, the closest relationships are built over time, especially those that last years. You are showing maturity.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you are kind of high strung and giving this way too much thought. You are going out on a date, you're not getting married.

• I know. It's just that I get attached to people really easily, either "dating-wise" or as friends. I am like this because I want to avoid getting hurt like I was in the past, and I want to avoid that as much as I can in the future. I know that a first date doesn't mean exclusivity, I'm not stupidly delusional ^^'.

• I don't see how that would be weird, but if the guy seems really into you and you're still not into him then I'd say it's best to let him know.

What Girls Said 0