Why ia he so quiet on our dates but keeps asking me out?

I can't seem to figure this guy our. I've gone on about 5 dates with him. We had sex once. He's really a gentleman, he pays for everything and we go out and do stuff. Hell always ask me to hang out well in advance and usually says he's down for anything. I'll make plans and he'll tag along. I find well make regular small talk and then he goes silent. Every now and then he'll have something to say but it's as if the conversation is up to me to maintain. I don't understand is it because he doesn't care to get to know me or is he just a quiet shy type that takes time to open up?

Most Helpful Guy

• You may want to sit down with him, alone, and softly ask him why he is so quiet. Hopefully he will give you an honest answer. If he is a little shy, it may take several sessions until he can trust you with everything he has to say. Sometimes people have dark secrets from an unpleasant memory. It sounds like he is interested in you, so I do not think he is losing interest. IF you really like him, try simply sitting with him and allowing the silence to be. You may find that, eventually, he will start the conversation. A guy like this may take a lot of patience, so, if you like him, give him time.

What Guys Said 2

• He's really shy and doesn't want to mess up I use to be like that tell my fist real jk cured me

• He's not a big talker I spose.

What Girls Said 1

• How long has it been? maybe he's shy but he does seem interested if he's always asking to hang

• It's been a few weeks maybe 5 dates.

• Have you tried talking to him about it? if not you should :-)