Guys, Texting! Why do you text a girl ALL THE TIME but never actually ask her out?

I met a guy through work who is friends with my boss. He asked my boss about me and got my number and texted me. We've been texting non-stop all week, like hours everyday. We saw each other again yesterday in a group and I thought he would finally ask me out but he didn't. Then he texted me as soon we left each other and said he had fun hanging out. But still never officially asked me on a date. WTF. Am I misreading the signals? Why is he wasting my time? Should I just stop responding? I'm into him and would like to go on a date so advice would be appreciated.

9

Most Helpful Guy

• Because we've been told that asking out over text makes us a pussy. And that got me into an endless loop, because my crush and I were ALWAYS busy at work, and we never had lunch/breaks at the same time. So I could just text her after work and that's it.

What Guys Said 8

• He's probably scared to ask you out. Why don't you think about asking him out? Not saying you have to, but it could help get the ball rolling.

• You're more into him than he is into you also maybe still early but it always seems
    the girls are making the moves and the guy seems to be the slacker here

• Thanks for your response! I haven't initiated any moves. I only respond to him. He got my number and he always texts first. You think maybe he's nervous or just not into it?

• Mayybe he doesn't think you're into him because you only respond to what he says, and never even initiate conversation?

• I can see how that might be an issue. But I've been very responsive every time he's reached out and in person!

• I think it is either he is intimidated or isn't initiating on it. He also might be adhering to the rule "You don't get your meat where you get your bread" (if you know what I mean). Work relationships can go south real quick and make things messy on the job.

• i agree with that but he doesn't actually work with me. we met on a one-time project. do you think he's not ballsy enough to pull the trigger and ask for the date or maybe just changed his mind?

• I think he is interested. Can you please message me?

• Perhaps you haven't done anything to suggest that you're interested in him.

• have you ever considered asking him on a date?

• i considered it but it would be our first date and i would prefer he ask me out first. i don't mind stepping up to the plate but he went out of his way to get my number and contact me, makes sense for him to do it no?

• Yes true but some guys just need a nudge. How about text him and say something that leaves the door wide open

• Maybe he just want to be friends

• why dont you ask him?
    if you like him that much, ask him for diner or something

• I do not do this but I have way younger friends who do. I call it immaturity.