Do you have a Type?

Just wondering if you consciously choose a person to date or form a relationship with, or if you follow your heart instead? Please explain why :)

• Yes I have a Type
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I am of a choosy type, very choosy rather and I always follow my head as I am a logical person. Even though I have a type, the image of the person in my head but I never want to date, never means never, as strange as it sounds it's true.

However, I hope I answered your question.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that I have a type, but that it isn't always fixed, and is focused more on what qualities are deal breakers/things that I find unattractive that take people off the list of possibilities rather than which people I will consider.

For example I am not interested in those who work-out excessively. I don't particularly care about the physical appearance, but don't personally care for the extreme focus on physical appearance above all others which seems to come along with this habit.

However I should know that these types aren't fixed and have changed as my own opinions/values/etc. have changed. Furthermore I don't believe that these types are without the possibility of exception should someone come along with who I enjoy being with.

What Guys Said 13

• I don't consciously only go for a girl who looks a certain way or has particular characteristics or whatever, but if I look back over my dating history, too many of my exes share a particular look and aspects of their personality to be a coincidence.

So even though I like to think I just follow my heart, deep down I probably have more of a 'type' that I admit.

• I don't go out looking for specific types of people, but there are many similarities in the girls I date.

For example, I have never thought about it once, until after we were dating, but I have never dated a girl who did not have green eyes...

• It may be a demographic reason? Most of the guys had blue, but some were brown.

• Maybe... I mean I know I think green eyes are the best, I just don't remember ever taking that into account before hand... Other than that I will admit I do find taller girls attractive, so I do actively search them out, but at the same time I have dated shorter/average girls as well...

• I specifically like pretty girls who aren't feminists, and who have a sense of humor. Girls lacking in those traits need not apply.

• Exotic types that stick out like a sore thumb. Ones who are unique in both style and character. Examples include the strong, athletic types who lift weights or the Punk girls with strange and colorful hairstyles, piercings, and tattoos.

• It's never been a conscious decision, but I've only seriously dated girls with either a master's degree or a CPA/CA.

• XD i don´t really know if i have a set "type" ... if i like a girl she is my type not the other way around.

• Yes but many people have a strict criteria for who they seek.

• That's a traits selection, not so much as a type.

• maybe my type is a really huge variety though xD i guess it´s about how narrow and specific ones preference set is.

• I think I have a type and my "heart" (read, hormonal system and brain) makes me want to date them.

• I don't usually like party girls. I guess the more shy, reserved ones are my type

• Yup I have a type.

• According to a lot of my friends, i do. Usually shorter girls who are slightly thick (not fat)

• We're the pirates of 16th century, never got caught, never will. 💀

• I *make* typos!

• Yes, my type of girl would be mature, intelligent, stunning, and personality compatibility.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't have a set type. I do have qualities I look for but they can be found in many different types of people.

• I'm pretty open minded and would never not go out with a guy who isn't "my type," however, I often find that the guys I'm attracted to often fit a "type."

• Before I let my heart go with its own flow, I kind of stop and think it through first.

I don't know if I have a type but I do have certain things that I absolutely dislike in a person. So if my heart wants someone with those things that I know will not work out later on, I will put a stop to it.

• I have more than one type that I am attracted to, but it doesn't stop me from being in a relationship with someone who doesn't fit in any of those categories. Who he is trumps how he looks.

• No, I don't really have a type... All the guys I liked were very different.

• I mean as long as they're confident and have good morals, than I guess that would be my type.

• My type is a respectable guy who has the same religion as me.

• If he was still a decent person with a different religion (such as catholic) would you still date him?

• It's definitely a possibility. The thing is religion is a very big part of my life, so the relationship might be bumpy.

• I thought I had a type, then I realized I was only attracted to a certain look. I met my boyfriend and my heart took over. He's not even close to the look I used to be attracted to but in my eyes he's the hottest guy in the world and the love of my life

• just following the heart and treai=ting real life like its a romantic movie is ridiculous to me tbh lol

• I think it has more benefits then ruling up he should have this 'Type' List.

• not saying that the heart should be ruled out completely... but you can't base decisions 100% based on it ya know

• So do you have a Type then?