Can a Girlfriend be TOO nice?

If a girl is always doing things for her guy, never causes an argument or fights unless it is something very important to her, is usually happy, playful and even-keeled, will the guy lose interest?

He always tells me how sweet I am and how much he appreciates things I do (and he definitely does thoughtful things for me as well) and that he never takes me for granted... but, is it possible that being too nice is bad? Like a female version of "nice guys finish last."

I came out of a 12 year relationship where I did everything and was not appreciated, I don't want to end up there again.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a person can be too nice. But that doesn't sound like the case with you. He is returning it and it doesn't sound like he's taking advantage. As long as you aren't sacrificing to the point that you feel something is missing, then everything is OK.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am the exact same way. I'm very sweet and giving in my relationship. I honestly think it depends on the guy on whether or not he loses interest but if he does he is missing out on a great girl!

What Guys Said 2

• Putting it bluntly your over thinking it. Your partner would tease you if he found out this is what's on your mind. Just keep going with it.

• I don't think you can be too nice if you both are doing the same thing back and forth. If you're being really nice and the other person doesn't reciprocate then that seems like a waste for you.

What Girls Said 0