I'm too insecure to text him?

Our dating is very one sided because I'm too insecure to text him. Let's say if I did text him and who knows he might be busy or whatever, I would feel so rejected and probably don't dare to talk to him until he text me. I'm making a huge deal out of it and I can't stop. It's pathetic, this happens when I get feelings. At first it wasn't really a problem because I didn't have feelings but now that I do I feel like a little child or something. He wanted me to text him more and I'm thinking about doing so right now because we are drifting away and I'm showing zero interest with this. How can I get over this and just send him a text?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your problem is yes you are insecure, that's because you too scared of what people are going to think of you. The only way to get over this is by pushing yourself out your comfort zone, that gives you confidence.

You start by writing all the things that make you feel uncomfortable. Then one-by-one, you do them. Once you complete the task, you move on to the next. Repeat.

My first growth task was taking a cold shower (The Flinch). I turned the water as cold as it could get, and I could feel my body shake before I even entered the shower. This was the inner bullshit voice in my head talking. It was hard at first. But surprisingly, it got easier the second time. Then even easier the third time. Before I knew it, my body stopped shaking—I was no longer uncomfortable; I'd conquered my fear.

This exercise does wonders. I have yet to find a better way to get out of my comfort zone. You can read all the books in the world about being confident or getting over your fears, but if you don't take action, you're just someone who's read how to ride a bicycle without ever having ridden one.

5. Travel Alone

If you're looking for an ultimate transformation that combines all of the points above, you should travel alone. Traveling with other people can be fun, but you won't get the opportunity to truly get out of your comfort zone. You'll be exposed to different social cultures, break social norms that you didn't even know existed, and ultimately, be forced to burst out of your small bubble.

How I Learned to Love Traveling Solo
    I didn’t travel anywhere by myself until I was twenty-two. And then I spent a year as an…
    Read more
    Bring as little as possible, and fit everything into one backpack. Plan nothing, except for a one-way flight ticket to your destination—figure everything else out when you're there. Trust me, you'll be just fine. It won't be easy initially, but don't get discouraged. Being comfortable with the uncomfortable will grow with time. I continue to struggle with it everyday, as do many others. But you need to get started today.

• Worrying too much about what other people think can become a self-fulfilling prophecy, because the way we think starts to become the way we behave.

These individuals become people-pleasers and are overly accommodating to others, thinking it will stop them from being judged. In fact, the opposite is true. Most people don't like push-overs and are turned off by it. The behavior we use in an attempt to please others, can actually cause the opposing effect. This means that if you're a push-over, then you're going to be attracting others in your life who are also push-overs. Vice versa. This can be quite a dangerous path to go down if you don't recognize its consequences.

How People Pleasers Can Learn to Say "No" More Often
      At work and at home, it's easy to say "yes" so often, you forget what you're…
      It's been said that we are the average of the five people we hang out with the most. When we start to attract and associate with the same people that share our weaknesses.

• It very true Danhart. Its one of the best ways, of building self confidence.

What Guys Said 3

• You suck it up and text him he wants to know your in this as much as he is its a partnership not one sided

• You need to ask him to hand out more. Once you get comfortable enough with him in person, it'll be much easier to text him.

• hey, if he didn't message you back because he is busy then he definitely contact you and explain you. so don't worry to much about it :-)

What Girls Said 1

• relationships need work.. and you need to make an effort.. even if you do get hurt (which you won't) at least you will know you gave your 100%.. otherwise you will regret it