Where Are The Guys Like Russell Wilson?

Where Are The Guys Like Russell Wilson?

Russell's story:
“I met this girl named Ciara who was the most beautiful woman in the world, the most kind person, the most engaging person, everything that I could ever want,” he explained. “She was on tour and I was looking at her in the mirror, and she was sitting there.

And God spoke to me and said ‘I need you to lead her.’ And I was like, ‘Really? Right now?’ And he goes, ‘No, I want you and need you to lead her.’ And I asked her, ‘What would you do if we took all that extra stuff off the table? And just did it Jesus’ way?’”

“Yeah, we’re talking about sex… Can we love each other without that? If you can really love someone without that then you can really love somebody… I ain’t gonna lie to y’all now. I need y’all to pray for us. Because I know y’all have seen her on the screen now. If there’s a 10, she’s a 15. Pray for me, keep my mind clear, keep my heart clear.”

Really, where are the guys who wants to date Jesus' way?

• Right Here!
  • All Ready Married
  • Team #HookUpCulture

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not into hooking up at all. I voted A.

• Thank you for most helpful opinion!

On a side note from reading your opinions it seems that we have similar views on this topic. Good job defending yourself and beliefs.

What Guys Said 3

• They are scattered about the place. Why would it be desirable though?
    Is it just that he's an attractive, immensley rich guy who is simultaneously sexy and not sexually threatning?

• Oh and I didn't vote because Im pretty stongly opposed to 'hook up culture' but I don't beleive a bit of paper and an expensive rock on your finger have any part in deciding when a couple should have sex... if that is the implication you are going for.

• The question is "where are the guys like Russell Wilson" because there are people who wait to have sex all the time, but this does not point them out or give stories of why they do it & how's it going for them, which was the point of the post. Duh

• Most do it for the same reason he does. Fear. (and no offence its a perfectly valid reason).
      Fear of rushing the relationship and getting invested only to find out the person is uncompatible with what you want. Fear of being physically intimate and then getting hurt. Fear of pregnancy and STIs. Fear of an omnipitant deity with a set of rules they dont quite understand.

Sometimes these are valid fears. Sometimes they are not.

• They are typically called "nice guys" and are derided for being losers. Wilson gets a pass though, because he's rich and famous.

• I don't believe in such labels as "nice guys" & call bullshit to any guy who labels himself as one, because the moment they think their close to getting some, they turn into every other guy. These so called "nice guys" use manipulating tactics to get sex instead of just being upfront about their intentions.

• Jesus never said anything about not having sex. Read the Gospels.

• Yeah but it doesn't negate the fact its sexually immoral/fornication which is a sin
      1 Corinthians 7:1-40 ESV
      Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband... Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control

1 Thessalonians 4:3 -For this is the will of God, your sanctification that you abstain from sexual immorality;

Hebrews 13:4
      Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

• I think any lesson you get from the Bible is no different than a lesson from anyplace else, it's value is in how well it produces felicity. 'Love one another' seems like a good lesson to me, 'don't eat bats' not so much. Either way I am the judge. To give that responsibility to another and follow blindly is to give up being human.

• It's not following blindly, you know the rules & what the consequences could be if you do not follow the rules

What Girls Said 2

• Hopefully no where. I'm so sick of this idiotic idea that a infinity large supernatural creature is watching a spec of dust amongst an endless sea of other specs of dust and give a shit if two bacteria on that spec are procreating or not. Like some perverted peeping tom space ghost.

The fact that he believes "god spoke to him" shows that he has a mental instability and needs to have his mental state looked at. NO voice from the sky spoke directly to the bacteria on the spec of dust and said anything. How do people even hear that nonsense and just accept it like it could really happen?

Also Jesus fucked a prostitute... so dating jesus' way is not as innocent as you think. Smarten up!

• Where in the bible did Jesus fuck a prostitute? I have a open mind & would love to read this.

• Oh please, don't give me the "I grew up in Catholic school & was beaten into submission" routine. It's pretty played out & lacks common sense. Why would anyone continue in a church with these practices? You have the freedom to change religions, you know that right?

I'm Non-Denominational & all this you're whining about I didn't & will never experience. Maybe your family should have changed churches, same God, different practices.

With that said, I'm not going back through the rest because our experiences in the church were totally different for obvious reasons, you had bad experiences & I didn't.

"I simply understand enough facts to understand why your belief is wrong."

Actually, no you don't, because you're assuming everyone's experience in the church was just as horrible as your's & you didn't take in account other religions who believe in God & don't practice their faith like Catholics do.

• I for one did NOT say I grew up in a catholic school nor did I say I was beaten. I said I grew up Catholic, I know their expectations and their methods. You assume I was one of the few children of the earth who did not have a faith pushed on me during my youth?

I do have freedom to change religion... I did. I got out of it all together. It has nothing to do with the practices of my parents, it is 100% the practices and teachings of the religion itself.

Regardless of experiences in the church, the religion (as with all religions) itself is bad. Any ideology which believes in hating over color, sex, or other beliefs, should be banned.

I don't assume everyone's experiences with the church are the same, I UNDERSTAND the basic underlying doctrine of the religion itself and why it is wrong.

• they dont exist.

• They do, but they're hard to find. The riff-raff outweighs the morally strong.