Is it conceited of me to think that I'm good enough for any girl?

I was talking with a female friend the other day and we were talking about the girl I'm crushing on right now. This girl is very hot and highly sought after, and my female friend questioned my ability to get her. I'm confident in myself and what I have to offer, so I basically said that I wasn't worried about whether she'll think I'm good enough for her. When I said that, my friend kind of shook her head and said, you think you're good enough for any girl, don't you? I was like, yes, why wouldn't I think that? Would it be better if I thought I was a loser who wasn't good enough for any girl? She thought I was being conceited. Was I?

As a clarification, I don't think that every girl will be attracted to me, I just think that I'm good enough for any girl, like no girl is "out of my league." I think too many guys see attractive girls and assume that they're too good for him or that the girl wouldn't be into him. That's why hot girls don't get asked out that much.

9

Most Helpful Girl

• Funny how many girls seem to have a problem with truly confident guys... there was a guy asking almost exactly the same question on here about a month ago, who also had a similar reaction from a female friend. In my opinion, in those cases, I think those girls have a self-esteem problem that they project onto other people. Good for you for sticking to your point!

I think that's awesome and not at all conceited! I think it shows that you are happy and confident about yourself, which is always a good thing. The world really needs more guys like you and I think you totally have the right view to life and dating. It's not about feeling that you are the most attractive person in the planet - just about feeling that you are "good enough" as you are for anybody. Who wants to be dating someone who needs constant reassurance? That's not fun or healthy for either person in the relationship. You are so right on the hot girls! Happy dating, and good luck with the hot girl!

• Hahaha, thanks for you response. It does get a little confusing, like girls tell guys to be confident, but when you actually are confident, they tell you to tone it down. What I've noticed is that about half of girls will be put off by confident guys and the other half will be strongly attracted. Some girls I've asked out were legitimately surprised that I actually had the balls just to openly ask them for a date because it rarely happens. One girl even turned me down but was so impressed by my courage that she set me up with her friend.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think this is a great way to think because for every single type of guy out there, you're only one. If you're blond, a girl might prefer a dark haired guy. If you're dark haired, she might prefer a blond. If you're a jock, she might be interested in a musician. If you're American, a girl might prefer a Brit. You can't be all types at once. If you think you're so well-rounded and can be appealing to everyone -- know that Brad Pitt doesn't even have a full following of the entire female quotient in the world. There are women (like me) who don't find him appealing. I don't like his look or his voice. Same with Johnny Depp and Ryan Reynolds. I just don't get the pretty-boy thing. And if you're not a pretty boy, then somewhere out there a girl will want a pretty boy.

So while it's nice to have confidence, maybe a better or humble way of looking at it is that you simply know who you are and are happy to be who you are, instead of thinking that you are good enough for any or most women. There will always be a possibility that what you bring to the table isn't going to be what every girl wants.

This is why a lot of guys who seemingly have it going on, are puzzled when a girl turns them down. We don't all look for what the cookie-cutter perfect guy is supposed to be. Just be who you are and attract who you attract. On the other end of the spectrum, no don't be a loser and not know your worth. But there is a difference when you speak up about it and let someone know you are good enough for most women. That's when you'll get put in your place by someone like your female friend to remind you that not everyone is perfect. Also, compliments like the one you give yourself are sort of reserved for others to give you. Saying it yourself does come across as a bit arrogant, even if you really are great. It's best to be great and come across as a bit humble -- now THAT's an attractive trait. :)

• I never said that I was able to get every girl or that every girl would be attracted to me. All I'm saying is that I feel like I'm good enough for any girl. By this I mean that I never look at a girl and think that she's out of my league. I've even had friends tell me that certain girls were out of my league and I managed to get dates with them anyway. This lead to the formation of a myth in my circle that I have great "game" with girls, which I really don't. I just have the courage to talk to them and ask them out. It takes balls to ask out girls, and if that means being proud, I think that's better than having low self-belief and being timid to the point of never asking girls out.

• I guess that I'm stuck playing the false self-deprecation game, then. I don't go around boasting about myself, but if you ask me, I'm going to say that I have self-belief, though the consequences are offending others' sensibilities.

• Why do you feel you have to do any of that? Why not just be you, knowing what you are like and that you're a decent guy?

• That's fine, as long as you're not a dick to people I don't find it conceited.

• Yes, you were being conceited and that's very ugly. Turn off

• I don't think it's entirely conceited but its not a very healthy way of thinking. Your judgment is that what you have to offer is enough for any girl, but how do you know if that's true? It really depends on what the girl expects you to offer her and ultimately, you can't offer everything in the world. Thus, I think you should realize that you do have limits and that there actually some girls who are out of your league. There will be some girls who don't find you their typetype, this you are not "enough"for them. Get what I'm saying?
    Take it easy though, confidence is good. Just don't become arrogant.

• Everyone has limits, but I think it's a loser's mentality to focus on what you're not. So many guys do that, which is why they're afraid to ask out girls. They go around thinking that no girl would want them because of all the things they're not. I used to be like that until I realized (with some help) that I am a worthwhile guy who has a ton to offer a girl. Yes, there are many things I lack, but that's true of everyone.

• Exactly but your question was if you're conceited if you think you're good enough for ANY girl. You are a guy that can offer tons, and for many girls, you are good enough, but not all. So, to some extent, it is conceited. I'm not telling you to think like a loser. Be confident, it's good. But don't be arrogant. I'm not sure if I'm expressing my opinion correctly.

• But you're reading into my statement that I believe that every girl will want me, and I never said that at all. I merely stated that I believe I'm good enough for any girl. By "good enough," I mean that there's nothing inherently "wrong" with me that would place me fundamentally beneath certain girls. I don't think that way. I've never met a girl who caused me to cower and worry if I was worthy of even talking to her. Maybe some girls think that, but that's their problem, not mine. I don't live and die by the judgments of girls because no girl is god. Y'all's individual feelings about any guy are arbitrary. One girl might think a guy is a loser, while the very next girl thinks he's a catch. Is the one who called the guy a loser correct, or the one who called him a catch? It's in the eye of the beholder, which is why guys shouldn't get caught up in girls' opinions of them.

• Um I don't think your being conceited.. It's good to be confident in who you are and what you look like. Just don't over do it and be cocky. Which means don't act like your the hottest guy on the planet. But it's good that you think that your good enough. It means you have pride in who you are

• Well, a little conceited maybe - there's nothing wrong with being so very confident but don't get frustrated or bitter if you don't get the girl you want.

• Well, try to avoid extremes. You can't be totally sure that you would be good enough for her. Being confident is great, but try to be more humble and keep it under control. like I said, confidence is awesome and is sometimes what draws a girl closer to a guy. Good luck.

• I'm not saying every girl will like me, I'm saying that what I have to offer is enough. Not every person will be liked by every other person. She may not like guys with brown hair, who knows? But I do know that I'm a worthwhile guy who would be a good match for a girl.

• Oh, if you mean it this way, then no. I don't think that's being conceited at all. Go for it.

• Sort of because all girls are different you got sane girls , insane girls , crazy girls