I have a thing with my Bestfriend but we aren't dating, we want to. but he wants us to last and possibly get married what do I do?

I really like him.. But I'm scared that if we date now we will just end up not being friends or hating each other

Most Helpful Girl

• What do you mean by "thing"? You do realize what dating is right? It's just a way to get to know more about someone. It doesn't necessarily mean sex or anything. Dating is basically testing someone for compatibility to see if you feel like you could really spend the rest of your life with said person. So again, what do you mean by "I have a thing"? A sex thing? A intimacy (closeness but not sex) thing? A crush? Do you guys really know much of anything about each other? If not, and you want to know more or get closer, then just date each other. If he's already thinking he might want to get married to you, then that means he likes what he knows about you so far. Even if you don't put a label on it and you guys are spending most of your spare time hanging out together without dating or seeing other people romantically then you're still dating already anyway.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• That's a risk you should either be willing to take or break it off right now. No need to drive each other mad or make him and yourself lose time with someone you're going to lose in the end.

• You should talk to him about it, make rules and shit, make sure that you will be friends after that (I know you can't guarantee that) talk about what you both want.