Why am I seen like the "hookup/side chick" girl and never the girlfriend type?

It seems like no one really think of me like girlfriend material. Just like a one time thing or something you can have on the side. What is it about some girls that make them a temporary choice? Because I feel like I am one. It happens over and over again. How are the "gf material" girls like? In looks & personality and so on..

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you ever hooked up? If you had, then that's the reason why. You get a reputation and it's very difficult to get over that.
    If you've never hooked up then maybe it's because you're pretty and they assume you always have guys crawling for you, so why would you be with just one, right? That's what they may be thinking. Usually pretty girls are seen as hookups instead of relationship material.
    Also if you're too wild, like clubbing, parties, have lots of friends... that's something most guys don't want im a future girlfriend.

• I'm not clubbing or partying, not even drinking. I do have a pretty big friend list though

Thank you by the way

• I haven't gone all the way yet. I've been close though, and I've done other things.

• See, there's the problem. Sure, you may have not gone all the way, vut you almosy did and you even did other things, guys know this, and if you've done things with guys without being in a relationship they'll think "if she did it once, why bot do it again?"
      If you want a relationship you have stay away from hookups and be 100% clear when a guy approaches you that you want nothing less than a relationship, if he's not looking for that he can go find someone else. When guys start realizing that they can't convince you those looking for sex will stop coming and those wanting a relationship will come.
      Guys may not talk about the details of our sex life, but we do tell a guy who gives it easy and who doesn't, so word spreads quickly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, it's as if I was the one who asked this question, the exact same shit happens to me, I swear. Guys have wanted to make me their side chick and have asked me to be friends with benefits but never their girlfriend.
    For some reason I don't seem like girlfriend material to them and I don't know why which does bother me.
    I remember one guy literally saying to my friend, "yeah, your friend is very pretty, but I'd just have some fun with her" and the dude didn't even know me like who the fuck do they think I am? Ugh, I feel you.

What Guys Said 7

• Maybe it's the way you present yourself , maybe cause you like hot guys
    that is why that happens , try getting a guy whose average and you may
    see a change,

• Well there are two types of girls candy and keepers:

Now the candy girls are the hot ones that all the guys want to get with but in the most cases are not good girlfriend material because they don't like to stick to one guy

The keepers can range from hot girls to nerdy girls and these are both good because they stick with you and listen to you and you actually connect.

Now it all goes down to personality with everyone I know including myself now some people (the right assholes) like to use girls to attract other girls or to just get physical needs from them instead of wanting to put any real effort in.

But if you want to talk more pm me

• You maybe act to immature when things start getting intimate which is a turn off. Or you just don't seem trust worthy.

• No idea, you seem like a level headed cool girl.
    Maybe it's your fashion sense that gives the boys the wrong idea.

• Thank you, yeah maybe.. I'm not very shy when it comes to clothing..

• Of course not, I will mention my ol' pal from GaG when I'm in an interview :)

You go.

- Generous & Adventurous

• Awesome! You're going to do amazing things!

I listened, and felt it's too dark and emo for the morning. x_x

- Weepy & Sleepy

• You are so beautiful. I don't understand why this would happen to you

• Coz u r seeing the wrong guys

• be less desperate and have standards.

things that are easy to use are used a lot, things that are hard to master are appreciated

What Girls Said 4

• I doubt it's you: I have the feeling it's the guys you're seeing. You're very young, and I know from having a little brother your age that most young kids are just looking to hook up.

• Thanks that's comforting, but most of the guys I've talked to have been older because I think guys my age are pretty immature.

• Doesn't really matter, a young guy can be a horny guy, especially if they assume you're young and naive enough to sleep with them.

No offence to young guys who aren't like that, mind you.

• Frack is your 15 and been someone's side chick makes me see you as easy and therefore not girlfriend material. You don't buy a cow when you get milk for free. Try not being with anyone until they give you a relationship

• Guys have always seen me as the girlfriend material, not hookup. I think it just may be because I don't make myself that available and I have awesome friendships with guys as well? It's kind of strange but maybe you're just with the wrong people

• Maybe you're too fun loving?