Girlfriend very sensitive, caught me checking out another girl at the mall. I didn't mean too, I feel terrible.. it was a reaction?

What can I do? I'm planning on seeing her tomorrow by picking her up at work. What can I bring her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh oh. Lol. You're both young, so this is very likely to be a big issue. Do not bring her anything. Just apologize and show her that you care about her through your "behavior" towards her. Give her your time and attention. She just needs reassurance. You checking out other girls is typical. You just have to be aware of HOW you do it. Never disrespect your girl by being completely obvious about it. Don't turn your head or your body to follow the girl. Don't stare either. A friend of mine checks out women without us even realizing that he does it. He looks with his eyes only and doesn't linger. Depending on the woman, she may care less as she gets older. When I was younger, I would feel hurt and be upset. Over the years, it bothered me less. If my guy would check a woman out, I would look too. Sometimes I just moved on and others I would comment with my opinion. If I thought a girl was hot or beautiful or whatever, I said so and moved on. It's funny to see a guy's jaw drop when he doesn't expect that reaction from his girl. As an unintended perk, his attention was no longer on her anymore. Jealousy damages relationships. Catering to or fighting against that person's jealousy makes things worse. As long as one doesn't cheat or overstep the bounds of the relationship, looking in a respectful and not so obvious way is not a big deal. Now don't go using what I said to fight with her over it. Her reaction is typical for most females, especially at her age. 9 times out of 10, a female will be pissed/hurt when her man checks out other women. I'm not saying it doesn't sting for myself. I'm just saying that I do not cater to how I felt, because I know it does no good.

• That wouldn't satisfy me enough... I want to prove to her that she's all I care about. Thanks for the valuable info.

• She's going to be hurt, but she will get over it. Your presence, diligence and reassurance is enough. You made a "mistake" (in her eyes), but you can't beat yourself up over it and she shouldn't either. She will most likely be looking for you to make the same mistake for a while. Don't give her a reason to doubt you or your feelings for her. Eventually, she will relax, because she is confident in your relationship. If she were older and the one asking this, I would tell her to suck it up and she is wrong for making you feel like crap for something so minor. You didn't make a big production of it. One of my exes would not only look, but openly follow the girl's movements in a very obvious way. Then he would make some stupid comment like "Damn she's hot" or "If you had this like her, we'd be alright". He was totally disrespectful to me. You did none of those things.

• Just don't over cater to her. That's like a child throwing a tantrum on the floor for not getting his/her way and you give in just to stop those actions. The only thing it solves is showing the child that it's okay and you will continue to do what they want every time they throw a fit. Yes, it temporarily shuts the child up, but it begins again later. You don't want to feed that type of behavior or you will both be miserable in the long-run. That becomes manipulation and control in a relationship. Neither one of those actions belong there.

Most Helpful Guy

• You didn't mean to check out another girl? Bulllll shiiieetttt

• I know right

One does not just accidentally turn their head towards an attractive women and say damn ( in his head )

• @Phoenix98 sure you're not accidentally joking?

• I can't be certain lol.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds silly but write her a little card maybe telling her how much you love her :)

What Guys Said 4

• How long did you check the other girl out? I mean it is normal for anyone to notice but if you kind of stared at the other girl I can understand why your girlfriend is upset.

• It was literally a glance, I didn't even realize I did it until she got upset at me.

• I could get her flowers, and then write something on a little card.

• Yes you should. Write something sweet in the card.

• Bring her your testicles in a new Coach purse.

• One does not just accidentally turn their head towards an attractive women and say damn ( in his head )

• Bring her a dress that the other girl was wearing, to refresh her memories.