Friend zoned to a girl I love. Told her can't do it anymore to get out of my life.. Feel Horrible should I?

Im a 21 year old male and I love this girl. We been friends since I was 13. Always liked her, each year feelings grew more and more. I would come for help for girls and she come to me for guy help. But the past years I realized I loved her and she knows but got shot down saying I'm like her brother. I took it and stayed friends still helped her with guy trouble she dated this guy for a year didn't hurt to much. He hurt her and they broke up and I was there to catch her and now she started to date this guy my ex friend who cheats and not a good person told her all about him she don't listen.. I see no way this is going to go good he is going to devastate her.. And I can't even date a other person normally I just sleep with a girl and feel nothing after this girl is just stuck in my head and it finally clicked the other day. Why I'm I doing this to myself and I told her I'm done I don't need her in my life and when this guy cheats and devastates her because he is and I told her I wouldn't be there for her this time. I feel bad but I just need her out of my life to more on and try to love someone else with her around all the time I couldn't. I feel like a asshole but did I do the right thing? Maybe later on we can be friends right now I'm just wasting my life away waiting on this one girl that don't love me and now I understand how stupid that sounds.

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally understand your decision and I think it's good. The friendzone is not something you have to do after you got rejected. If you can't handle just being friends, then you shouldn't. It sounds like this girl is preventing you from moving on emotionally. You need this girl temporary out of your life to clear your mind. I hope she understands...

What Girls Said 3

• This sounds just like me😳

• Well I don't think it sounds stupid and you don't sound like an asshole either. Just sounds like you're so in lo e that you're not sure how to handle it

• Sad story..

What Guys Said 3

• Adult life is full of difficult choices like that. I think you chose right. Don't burn any bridges though... Who knows, your absence may finally bring you out of the friendzone... If not, it's still someone you care about. You just can't see her without it hurting you. It's not like she was a bad person...

• Yeah move from her. You need to reset your life. Restart your life style, and search for new friends. She's killing you. Best decition ever. Do a reset to yourself a start new relations from scratch.

• You did the right thing.