Should I date someone much more attractive than me?

One of the most handsome guys in my college wants to date me. He's nice, funny, smart, etc. But the only problem is that he's much more attractive than me. I'm not ugly but I look like crap compared to him. When I'm with him, people keep staring at us, especially other girls. I heard one girl saying "what is he doing with her, look at her", and other mean comments like this. I like him, but I'm very shy and self-conscious, so I'm scared that this relationship will make it worse. Should I give it a chance or no? Please help! Thank you so much!

Most Helpful Girl

• of course screw the other girls and let them burn in jealousy don't let that get you down and make you miss a chance at a good opportunity and besides if he asked you out and looks as amazing as you say then there had to be a reason why he asked you out too and its probably because he's attracted to you physically just as much emotionally. Don't worry about it because if you don't take the chance now there may be a strong chance you'll regret it later on

What Guys Said 8

• Don't worry about what they think or what they say! If he wants to date you then go for it because you know you feel the same way!
    If he's a loyal guy you have nothing to worry about so do not worry, looks mean nothing compared to how he feels about you and you about him, after all if he wants to date you there's a reason its you and not anyone else, remember that

• Should you date him? HELL YEAH!!!

To put it more into perspective. Don't you girls always talk about "He only wants me for my looks". Isn't what you talk about kind of the same but then in reverse. Meaning not dating someone because of too good looks. You seem to like him for him being ice, smart and funny. That's what counts.
    Practice what you preach!

• Might as well. Just don't go all in emotionally like girls usually do, go in without expectations, and enjoy it on a moment to moment basis

• Screw them girls, give the guy a shot.

• Yolo. Give it a shot.

• Whose life are you living, theirs or yours?

You like him. He likes you. Enjoy it.

• yes go for it and start believing in yourself

• Girls' problems...

reminds me of Rich people's problems: "oh should I drive my Ferrari or my Lamborghini today?" ...

What Girls Said 6

• It's not about wether you should date this guy, it's about wether you want to or not. And it sounds like you want to. If he likes you for the way you are, that's all that matters. Who cares what other people think you look like. Its not about what you look like on outside, its about who you actually are on the inside.

• That is no problem. Personality beats looks. He sees you differently than you see yourself, go date him already

• Forget what other people think. Live for yourself. If you like him, go for it

• Depends on how you guys feel about one another.

• Of course you should. Everyone should mind their own business Aw man it reminds me of an anime called 'Say I love you'.

• yes you should!