Why do some think that bisexual people are more prone to cheating?

I recently came across a question on here asking whether people would date a bisexual person and a few people expressed their fear for them being more likely to cheat on them just because they're attracted to both genders. Anyone who believes this, why do you think this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate that! Like, it's not true. Heterosexual and homosexual people are just as likely to cheat on their spouse/partner/bf/gf just as much as a bisexual person is. Just because you like both genders doesn't mean you want to fuck every person you see. It doesn't work that way.

• Sorry. In the case of bisexuals, You are wrong. Here is why I say that. Let's say the bisexual female is with a heterosexual male, and supposing she gets in the mood to be with another female? She won't stay true to the male. She is going to do like most other women do and find them a woman to make out with. This is what women do, even though I know most will never admit it as this sort of thing is kept under wraps.

• @Jxpxtxr he's right, just like how guys who are attracted to both blondes and brunettes are more likely to cheat. If he's with a blonde and feels like hooking up with a brunette, he definitely won't stay faithful to her. @DocT1977 that is what you meant right?

• LoL, thanks for MHO!

I've been off GaG, so I missed this bisexual banter war, haha. If only I had stuck around...

What Guys Said 6

• I will be happy to answer that. Let's say the bisexual female is with a heterosexual male, and supposing she gets in the mood to be with another female? She won't stay true to the male. She is going to do like most other women do and find them a woman to make out with. This is what women do, even though I know most will never admit it as this sort of thing is kept under wraps.

• What you're spouting right now is pure ignorance.

• Here is a box of tissue. Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. lol

• Just because a girl is bi, it doesn't mean she is more tempted, simply because she has 'more' options. That's just dumb.

• Say if the guy is bi and said guy has another admirer who's another guy.

How do you compete when you when you aren't a male?

• Yeah I've gotten that from both gay men and straight women. I usually just ignore them.

• At least in my experience knowing my female bisexual friends, they are.

• I don't have beliefs. :)

• Well, this could happen but not always true

What Girls Said 3

• I don't personally believe that.

To me , it really comes down to the specific individual themselves instead of me making a broad generalization.
    Is this person ready to be in a monogamous relationship or not?
    I ask myself.
    Someone cheating has nothing to do with them being bisexual.

I find that the person who say this , don't understand what being bisexual is.
    Usually these people think that bisexual can't choose the sex they want to be with and are confused.
    So, If a bi person is in a relationship with a woman it's only right that they will cheat with a man (vice versa) because this person has no idea what they want.

I don't believe that .
    A person can like two sexes and not be confused.

• they have double the options, duh.

• Yeah because they go both ways and people are insecure as fuck so there's that notion