On creepiness. A parable for nice guys. What do you think?

What is charming for a hot guy (potential player type) is creepy coming from a nice guy. If a hot guy pinches a girls ass she'll be blushing and dreaming about him for the next week. If a "nice guy" (read: ugly, boring guy) did that she'd be filing sexual harrassment charges and attending therapy.

"A Man had an Ass, and a Maltese Lapdog, a very great beauty. The Ass was left in a stable and had plenty of oats and hay to eat, just as any other Ass would. The Lapdog knew many tricks and was a great favorite with his master, who often fondled him and seldom went out to dine without bringing him home some tidbit to eat. The Ass, on the contrary, had much work to do in grinding the corn-mill and in carrying wood from the forest or burdens from the farm. He often lamented his own hard fate and contrasted it with the luxury and idleness of the Lapdog, till at last one day he broke his cords and halter, and galloped into his master's house, kicking up his heels without measure, and frisking and fawning as well as he could. He next tried to jump about his master as he had seen the Lapdog do, but he broke the table and smashed all the dishes upon it to atoms. He then attempted to lick his master, and jumped upon his back. The servants, hearing the strange hubbub and perceiving the danger of their master, quickly relieved him, and drove out the Ass to his stable with kicks and clubs and cuffs. The Ass, as he returned to his stall beaten nearly to death, thus lamented: "I have brought it all on myself! Why could I not have been contented to labor with my companions, and not wish to be idle all the day like that useless little Lapdog!""

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Ass_and_the_Lapdog

• I agree, this is it exactly.
  • I know a better parable.
  • Actions are equally creepy regardless of how attractive (physically and socially) the guy is.
  • See answers

Most Helpful Girl

• Get over this whole "nice guy" thing; if a woman sees a guy as creepy, it's because he's acting creepy. No girl is sitting there like: "He's nice... how creepy!" No, it's more like "This guy is acting in a way that isn't appropriate for me nor does it make me comfortable and therefore I now have a creepy perception of him." Will some women be more accepting of "attractive" guys doing more boldly flirtacious things? Sure, I'm sure some will. But for me, if you act like a creep, you're a creep. It has nothing to do with kindness.

• I don't mean guys who just happen to genuinely be nice, I mean guys who are euphemistically called "nice guys" when they're ugly/boring.

• ... called out on their behavior.

• You're right, women will label a man creepy based on looks. But for me personally, creepiness is in your demeanor, the way you carry yourself, and the way you act. Just about 30 minutes ago, a well dressed man came into the wine store I was in, and he practically chased after two girls trying to hit them up, and they straight up ran away from him. He looked good, but his actions were still viewed as extremely creepy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most women I know would get hostile (and rightly so) if a stranger comes and pinches her butt, regardless of how the guy looks.

Now, what needs to be understood is that it's true, attractive men will be called a creep less often than an unattractive one. However this is because the attention of the attractive man is generally more welcome than the attention of an unattractive one. What sometimes makes a man a creep is because he is not picking up on the fact that the woman doesn't want his attention and he continues to pester her.

What also needs to be understood is that some women will call a man a creep for doing nothing more than being unattractive and saying hi to her, or looking at her, or sitting quietly to himself, or flirting with a woman so much as once.

Do unattractive men have it harder. Absolutely. Do some women unfairly call unattractive men creeps (and please note I said SOME, not all or even most)? Absolutely.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah... I wouldn't be thrilled if anyone came up an assaulted me. In fact most of the times the strangers came up to me and were clearly flirting but they kept it respectful it was usually just normal dudes.

• So guys above and below normal both act less respectfully in your experience?

• im really starting to hate "nice" guys because of all the @#$%@ i see here

maybe players ARE better

• Well this was as a parable for "nice" guys, to know their place and not think acting like an asshole will help them.

• oh... my bad lol
      i didn't really finish it... i thought it was one of those " Waaah wahh im a nice guy and thats why women dont like me and go for jerks... everything they do is hot, everything i do is creepy" type of thing

my bad lol

• The creepiest guys are the ones who pretend to be nice and have ulterior motives. The ones who try to manipulate you.

• "the ones who pretend to be nice and have ulterior motives."

Virtually all guys are interested in sex and being with women, why would you expect "nice guys" to not have the same desires? They may not be hyper-masculine but they're not eunuchs either.

• But sex is not the center of people's lifes. People do things all the time having other and greater motivations. So if someone does something nice thinking of sex as a retribution, this person is not nice afetr all.

What Guys Said 2

• "If a hot guy pinches a girls ass she'll be blushing and dreaming about him for the next week"

not 100% true lol

• Some guys aren't 100% hot, it'll work for those who are, if she's straight.

• I don't agree that this is always the case, no.

Is it true a small percentage of the time? Yeah, maybe. But it goes both ways. Take, for example, the "hot" girl who's sexually promiscuous--she is going to generally be looked up upon in a better light than an "unattractive" sexually promiscuous girl, no?

• Who looks down on one of those and not the other? Plenty of people would look down on both for being female and enjoying sex, but I don't think many would look down on just the ugly one.

• People of each sex will get away with more if they're considered "good looking." And yes, in my hypothetical scenario the "hot" girl will generally be held in higher esteem.

I'm not saying that any of this is right--and it's certainly not how I operate--this is just kinda how it goes for some people.