Guys, I'm too drawn to the idea of a relationship?

I enjoy hooking up, but it always leaves me wanting more in an emotional sense. Never really been loved, just used...

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Love yourself first you need.. my young padawan
    img1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Yoda_SWSB.png

• Good advice.

• You are not loving yourself because you aren't seeing the greatness in you... Yet. That is why you 'hated yourself'. You seek something fulfilling from others to feel that 'completeness' but that can't be done when you have not loved yourself yet. This would just put you at being taken advantage of and feeling something is lacking. To be at peace and complete you need to love yourself. I can't tell how you can love yourself because that is something you need to discover by yourself and you will eventually... :) Or you'll be at risk of joining the dark side of the force.

• Thank you, I really appreciate it. I suffer from an eating disorder and its kind of a consequence of, well, not loving myself I guess. I can't imagine how to start but thank you for your encouragement.

What Guys Said 5

• Then stop allowing yourself to be used and look for a relationship.

• I do, and I'm used by the guys I'm looking for a relationship with.

• Well don't have sex right away then, tell them upfront that you don't want sex you want a relationship. Its not difficult, just set yourself some boundaries like no sex until what ever date ( could be fourth or fifth or sixth etc). Then actually stick with that. Eventually a guy will come along and want a relationship as well. If you put out for any guy right away thats going to get around and then they will know if they want sex they can just go to you. Respect yourself, you don't need to jump in to this and have sex right away to feel validated. What ever guys you are with currently, avoid that type. Go for guys you think whant a relationship not the guys who obviously just want sex.

• Obviously guys want a realationship we are human we all need love

• ... I wish I could feel used...

• Hmu and we can start one together.

• You're looking for a relationship with the wrong guys. Usually shy guys want nothing more than a relationship, I know because I'm one of those guys haha. Expand your options and maybe lower your standards a bit and you will be amazed how many guys want to only love you.