If you like someone, why would you end things with them? Does it mean you didn't actually like them and were lying?

I was hooking up with this guy for about 3 months and he said how much he really liked me a lot but eventually he said we should stop hooking up. I just don't understand why people end things with someone they care about. Does this mean he doesn't actually like me? Should I still try to be friends with him? I haven't talked to him or seen him since he said we would just be friends and I miss talking to him and really want to see him but I'm not sure if contacting him is just all around a bad idea.

Most Helpful Guy

• You absolutely have to ask him why he wanted to stop seeing you... he alone can tell you. It could be anything from him having met another girl, to him having decided you're not the right one for him... up to even just an emotional decision which he felt sorry for 10 min afterwards but didn't dare to come back to you.
    Just be nice to him and ask him. That will at least remove the uncertainty and you'll know wether friendship or even more is still possible :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Jair liking someone isn't enough.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He either wanted to stop before it had a risk of getting serious, wanted to pursue someone else, or was just being stupid. Either way, it's best to not worry about it and just find someone else to hook up with =P

• Maybe he did like you, but just not enough. And either you changed or he changed.