Girlfriend angry that I don't update my facebook enough about her? Anyone else have the same experiences?

Given a choice, i'd happily live in a small community in the jungle with no advanced technology. I use facebook because thats what all my friends use, i mostly just use it to follow events and keep in contact with my address book.

MY girlfriend is an avid facebook user, she always uploads pictures on instagram and updates her status a lot. I might do that once every few months.

She had to tell me to change my facebook status to "in a relationship". I wasn't going to touch it. She always tells me I act like i'm embarrassed of her because I never post about her and our relationship (i don't post about anything in general) and that I don't take enough pictures to upload onto it. It irritates me because I see it as a waste of time.

I'm dating her, not the internet and I don't particularly care if other people do or don't know i'm dating her

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really understand why she's angry really, I'm like you, I don't really update my Facebook etc and only check it for messages or if I'm tagged in stuff. I couldn't really care less whether my boyfriend changes his relationship status. We rather not share photos of us on it because we prefer not to have people in our business. It's just so much better that way so it's only me & him instead of me & him and the whole of Facebook. So you should probably explain to her that you've no bad intentions not sharing things about her but you're not really a Facebook person and it's better off staying low key about your relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Girlfriend angry that I don't update my facebook enough about her?"

^is this a reason to be angry? basically she's angry without a reason in my opinion

"Given a choice, i'd happily live in a small community in the jungle with no advanced technology. I use facebook because thats what all my friends use, i mostly just use it to follow events and keep in contact with my address book."

^so u r not a fb-maniac... nothing wrong wid it.

"MY girlfriend is an avid facebook user, she always uploads pictures on instagram and updates her status a lot. I might do that once every few months."

^she's a socialmedia-maniac... nothing wrong wid it as well... as long as she doesn't xpect others to be sm-maniacs as well!

"She had to tell me to change my facebook status to "in a relationship". I wasn't going to touch it. She always tells me I act like i'm embarrassed of her because I never post about her and our relationship (i don't post about anything in general) and that I don't take enough pictures to upload onto it. It irritates me because I see it as a waste of time."

^i couldn't agree more... i don't see any reason y u should do it... she doesn't have any right to force upload photos and change statuses... and if she insists better break-up!

"I'm dating her, not the internet and I don't particularly care if other people do or don't know i'm dating her"

^this is sth u should DEFINETELY tell her ;)

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend is a lot like you. He goes on FB everyday, but his feed is only of bands, music, and guitar gear. He isn't there to put his business out there. His account is also kind of impersonal: he doesn't have real photo of him up and it doesn't have his real name. Honestly, unless he told you, you wouldn't know it was him. So naturally since we've been together, he hasn't changed his status to 'in a relationship' even though I have. And I don't care. He isn't there to impress anyone but me. You need to tell her its YOUR FB account and that you will do with it as you see fit. You're not dating her friends, you're dating her. Just because she's a social butterfly does not mean you have to be!

Really, the nerve!!

• Tell her that you don't revolve your life around Facebook. I really can't figure out why people have to have everything out on there. I am the same as you, I update my status probably once every six months, and usually it's something important. I only really go on it because of my nail business. I am single now, but when I was in a relationship I never changed it. I don't even think my relationship status says anything.

• She sounds like she just likes to show off. You don't have to upload shit if you don't want to. it has nothing to do with lking her enough etc. Just explain to her what you explained to us, if she doesn't get it then maybe she's not worth it. She sounds like a lot of effort...

What Guys Said 4

• Come off facebook and you won't have these problems with people. Tell your girlfriend she needs to live in the real world with ylu and not the facebook one.

• She needs to understand that it's your Facebook account, not hers.

• She's clearly more concerned about the image of the relationship, than the actual relationship.

If she can't wrap her head around the fact that you're not that into Facebook and all the facade crap... she's going to be more trouble than she's worth.

• I would delete my account for sure