Should a girl bring money on a date?

I'm a sophomore in High school and I'm going on a date with a junior today, we're going to the movies. I really don't like people paying for me anyways, but should I bring money?

well yeah i know you should bring money, now anyways. my mother had told me that if he doesn't want to pay he shouldn't have made it a date.
turns out it was good to bring money because he didn't even show up. guess who got to watch Fantastic 4 all by herself? 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• bring money in case he doesn't think to pay you don't want to awkardly have to leave once you get to where ever because you don't have cash and he doesn't have enough for both of you

Most Helpful Girl

• Always take money when you go anywhere. It'll save you embarrassing moments in life.

What Guys Said 12

• bring some just in case, but let him be a gentleman and pay. if he doesn't offer, then pay yourself. also, if he asked you out on a date, he is supposed to pay for it because he asked you.

• The way I always see it is the person who asked the other person on the date is the one who pays. However, you should both still bring money regardless. Paying is kind of a touchy thing, so I would say be prepared to pay and if he offers to pay ask "are you sure?" and if he says yes, then let him pay. (If that made any sense?)

• Yes you should bring money

You should bring money everywhere you go lol... obviously

• Bring money and offer to share the price. But if he insists he wants to pay it, leave it be... there's nothing worse than a girl nagging you on a first date.

P. S The movies is such a dull date... enjoy!

• not only a date but when ever you are going far from home, just take it who knows you may need it,

• Bring money for your own convenience

• yes, why not?

• You never know if you gonna need it so bring it

• never mind. they pays

• I would have some $$$ just in case but I'm 99% sure he will pay

• You should always have money on you as you never know when you'll need it and it's best to be prepared!

• Yes down with double standards

What Girls Said 8

• Always bring money when you go out. You can't just assume the dude will pay for you.

• to be completely fair here he doesn't owe you anything. i would take enough for at least the ticket. what if you want food or something? he doesn't owe you that either so make sure you take enough money.

• Lol of course you should why would you even expect the guy to pay for everything?

• bring money it is a bit rude to expect him to pay for you

• Yes, be prepared to pay, even if you won't have to.

• Always bring money. I neber leave the house without money in case of emergencies

• You should! My friend just went on a date last week and the guy didn't even offer to get her drink! What is the world coming to? Are all the gentlemen dead and gone?

• I'm sorry for your friend. My "date" didn't even show up. Good thing I brought money. Movie for one!

• The best kind! :D

• Forget date... Why would you even LEAVE the house without money?

• I always leave the house with around $20 for gas. But I don't bring money to buy anything either than that because I only really leave my house to go to work and school.