Is it normal to lie about your number?

Does every girl lie about their number?

To guys: what number makes a girl an automatic slut and not girlfriend material in your mind?

Girls: do you lie about your numbers, or have some guys that you "don't cout?"

Most Helpful Guy

• Most girls lie by only counting their serious relationships. So if she's had 4 relationships, 3 one night stands, 2 friends with benefits then she'll likely say she's only had 4 partners even tho the real number is 9.

Personally I don't believe it's worth asking, I'd rather just use my gut to tell me how promiscuous a girl is.

Most Helpful Girl

• my best friend and i went shopping a few months ago.
    a guy came up to her, started small talk, then gave her a lot of compliments and it got weird. then he asked her for her number and she told him, that her phone was at home. (which it really was.)

then he said, she surely must remember her number, so she could type it in his phone. she said "no. i don't remember and we are on the go, so bye."

but he was persistent, cutting our way off and asked me about her number, that i should look in my phone and tell him."

i took out my phone and told him a false number.

he was creepy and didn't get the hint, and only because of that i/we gave him a false number.

What Guys Said 3

• What makes a girl not girlfriend material: if she engages in slut shamming she's a huge turn off to me.

• If you're giving a guy a wrong number on purpose when he asks you about it, you're seriously being such an asshole. Just say you dont want to give it. Dont make him very disappointed. You're making it worse this way.

• Everybody lies about their number, some people go higher and some go lower

What Girls Said 6

• It's normal because girls are afraid of being judged by a guy they're interested in based on the number of guys they've slept with. Just giving the wrong number could totally change his opinion of her, and it's sad.

• I don't lie about my number. I don't feel the need to. There are no guys that "don't count." However, I can see why both women and men may lie about the number of people they've been with. They don't want to be judged and seen in a negative light.

• What do u mean by "numbers?"

• I wouldn't lie about my number. I don't think it's normal to lie about it either.

• I don't lie, I've always been straight up. I've never had sex, given a bj, a hand job or anything to a guy I didn't have a long relationship with. here's where things get blurry for me though. I have had hookups with girls before, but I don't know how to count those. What constitutes sex when it's with a girl? Before I got together with my current boyfriend it was 5, plus 3 girl hookups, so I asked him, to hime girls don't count so I said 5. If he said the girls counted I'd have said 8.

• I've never been in the situation, but I do know a few girls who have been too uncomfortable to give their numbers to a guy. Especially if he's threatening. Not every guy can take no for an answer, so sometimes it was best for them just to give a fake number, find their other friends, and leave.