What's the oldest you would date?

I've been speaking to someone and I like them a lot, I thought they was 3 years older but I recently found out they're 5 years older. I liked them before I found out their age therefore it won't put me off them; in fact I'm hoping they feel the same way because I think they're amazing.
I'm just curious to what's the oldest you would date? :)

• My own age
  • 2-3 years older
  • 5+ years older
  • If they're older then age is just a number!

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how old you are. If you are 18 and he is 7 years older, it may be difficult to make that work. If you are 53 and he is 60, the same difference is insignificant.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• My own age +10%

• For example, i have 30 .. i would like to have kids... i could potentialy date a 40 years old, but a women of that age start to be complicated to have more than 1 kid...

Its very difficult

• 29-30. Youngest I'd go is 21. If they're not old enough to get into bars, they're too young.

• Age is just a number in my view so if two people of the opposite sex click then that's what matters :-)

• The oldest i would date is 21. But i would much prefer a girl about 18 or 19.

• About dating someone or hanging out with a dude or girl that's like much older than you than really theirs no difference between dating and just hanging out because for example I don't know my real parents and I don't have parents long story why and where I come from but I just know that my mother is extremely extremely beautiful and she's 48 she is exactly 30 years older than me

• No problem up to 40s.

• I can date any woman older than me, and a few years younger also.

• Only 2-3 years. Otherwise she'd be too tall lol.
    by the way Why isn't 4 years an option?

• I couldnt give a shit less about age

• I don't think older women like guys my age, so I guess maybe a year or two older

• I don't think I would date a girl more than 2-3 years older than me... but after I get a job and am settled down some, I think I could care less, so long as she is still young enough to easily have children.

• My rule is no under 21 and whatever I'm willing to go younger I apply the same age older. So at 23 I'd go 21 to 25, at 26 now it's 21 to 31. I think it's a solid rule till I hit 30 then I'll move the marker to 24 and up and bump it 3 years for every 5 years I age. That way as I get older I let my options grow wider in age.

• im 23, would max date 24/26, but would have sex with women in their late 40's / some in their early 50's, eeeeasily

• The furthest I'd go as far as dating would be early 30s.

What Girls Said 16

• id go max 8 years older.

• i think that age is just a number

• I'm 18 so age is just a number if they're older. Personally though, I would have to REALLY click with the person if they were over 5 years older than me. After all, that would be 23 and I think we would just be in different places in our lives (I'm going to university next year, they would be likely to be done with school or nearing the end). The idea that we're not on the same level experience and life lived wise would turn me off to the idea more than the age itself.

• 10 years older

• Wrinkly, bald, ugly brown teeth... Bad breath. He said he was 38? I'm tolerant.

• Noticed I haven't given a gender and people are just assuming it's a guy, that's pretty shallow.
      No, it was a complete misunderstanding; they didn't deliberately give me a false age.

• Biological age and legal age can be diff things. Age is just a number in some cases.

• age is just a number!

• I was born in 1995, and I'm not comfortable with any age gap of more than five years. So, anyone born before the summer of 89 (effectively making them a 90s baby) is out.

• 2-3
    If the guy is seriously hot like robert downey jr then sure. Other than that nOPE.

• 28 years old. 💜

• Vote D = I have dated DECADES above me.

• Like 10 years older

• Anything from 20-35

• 28 somewhere in there

• The oldest I would go is 7 year difference. So like right now it would be 20-26.

• 10 years max. My boyfriend is 6 years older than me and I don't see the difference at all

• 5-6 years older and 2 years younger currently. I do not want to date a guy that is much older than me. He being attractive won't change that