What is the worst date you've ever been on?

Most Helpful Guy

• The worst date I've been on is the only date I've been on, by default. It wasn't too bad of a date but it could have been better.

Basically, she was 20 and I was 19 years old at the time. We went to the movies to see the movie "2012" and she was texting a guy the entire time about a group project. Keep in mind, I gave her a choice of which day to pick and she told me this particular day would be fine. It wasn't very fun and it was awkward to say the least.

What Guys Said 2

• I've been on several dates that began on dating things like Tindr or OkCupid, and many of these dates I've walked up to them and immediately thought "oh crap, no way in hell is this going to work."

But, I have a very analytical mind, so I then use the date to ask a bunch of questions that I might be too nervous to ask on a date with someone I was really into.

Basically, the only way you can have a bad date is if you get into that mindset on your own. You need to be able to say "ok, this is what is happening, lets embrace this moment and have fun in the now and learn to avoid further situations like this in the future."

• Easy.
    I met this girl.. really sweet.. such pretty eyes.
    I (being a shy social recluse who only ventures outside for supplies normally) decide to offer to take her anywhere she wants as a date
    She picks an amusement park.
    We have a great time.. I end up buying a huge teddy because we just couldn't win one lol
    Then she wants to go on the teacups.

I... I don't do well with spinning.

We get on... we spin... I vomit on the teddy and my shoes

What Girls Said 8

• Oohh boy... here we go. I have one.

So, about a year ago the company I work for was using a temp agency to help us with the summer-rush. During that time, one of the temporaries took an interest in me, though honestly I didn't see him as all that intriguing. He ended up going to my friend there and trying to get my number off of her to text me in order to ask me out, but she straight up told him no and told him that if he wanted any hope of going out with me that he'd have to ask me to my face. So, he did, and I reluctantly agreed. I decided to give it a chance because I hadn't been in the dating scene for a while, and I was straight up and told him to have NO expectations and to not allow it to effect his work. He agreed to those terms and we made plans to go out to a coffee shop near where we worked at the end of the day.

So, that day comes, and at the end of the day he tells me he has to talk to another employee quick. He goes to his car and is gone for like 15 minutes. My friend went out and yelled at him for making me wait, and it turns out he was buying weed off of this guy. I was stupid and went on the date anyways, and it was awful. When it came time to pay, instead of just asking me to get it, he diverges from the line and turns away like he doesn't see the cashier asking for money, so I paid. The whole time all he did was unload his emotional baggage on me. He bitched about the saddest moments of his life and how unfair the world was, and seemed uninterested when I got a second to speak. So I ended the date, and he asks me to walk him to a "nearby" bus stop. 20 minutes later I'm in an area I don't know, and I got mad because we passed 4 bus stops. He finally picks one after I got mad and then proceeds to tell me how to get back to work (my friend stayed late to work on some stuff). He said it would take me 5 minutes to get back... it took me about 15-20 minutes and it was dark as hell. I told him I was scared of the city at night but he didn't give a shit. He then bombarded me with texts and pressure to go out again, and I told him to his face that it wasn't going to happen. He tried to insist we "take a break and try again", but I told him flat out that I wasn't going to waste either of our time. He got fired a week later for being lazy.

• It was a double date, and we went to Waffle House, which was okay with me, but I generally hate all breakfast food, but decided I'd suck it up, Hell he payed for it so I'm not complaining. Then we went to the bowling alley, I also hate bowling, but I still participated. My face was peeling like crazy because it was drying out due to it being ridiculously hot inside.

He was really awkward the whole time, which I understand because I was nervous as well, but he just wouldn't talk to me that much even though we had been friends a whole year before the date.

He also got slightly offended when I payed for my own dessert afterwards and told me he promised his mom he would pay for everything and I just told him not to tell her we went there. I wasn't aware that Menchies charged by the weight of your yogurt so I knew mine would be ridiculously expensive and I didn't want to force him to pay for it.

Overall it wasn't entirely horrible, but I would've rather just rented a movie and ordered a pizza so we both would've been comfortable.

• Correction, they knew I hated breakfast food, and I hate bowling with competitive people, I also find it to be an expensive pastime, but I'm pretty cheap.

• Haven't been on any dates at all.

• It was a tinder date.
    He confessed that he had been arrested and I had to pretend I was totally okay with it.

• That guy was some nazi follower! seriously

• I haven't been on enough dates to say...

• One of my supervisors set me up with her son. We set a date for late night movie. The guy showed up late (not previews, the movie already started), so he starts talking through the movie trying to introduce himself, & he had hot stank breath LOL!!!

I played it cool & was nice to him since his mother was my supervisor, but there wasn't ever going to be another date.

• Never been on one.