When did the trophy black boyfriend become trendy for rich white celebrity girls?

Like the Kardashians, the Hadids, Ariana Grande etc?

Will it spark a trend or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not something new; its not a trend and they aren't trophies.

Its not that shocking to see that black guys are also an option for many women.

For famous and regular. Its not something that matters.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. Don't really care either. White girls have been into black guys for a while now.

What Girls Said 1

• Lol well none of them are white, at least not entirely. And I didn't know love had a race.

What Guys Said 1

• I’m afraid it has … not just for rich white celebrity girls, either.

Your “trophy black boyfriend” is also, apparently, the perfect arm candy for *sigh* (I am so embarrassed for my kind) …

They’re the newest must-haves for your “rich white celebrity closet-cases”, too.

I am currently in the tenth month of an … argument, I suppose, with a friend of mine, who •has• a boyfriend, and, until a few months ago, I thought he also had his head screwed on straight (no pun intended), but he’s just lost it, frankly. In my opinion.

It’s coming out in his performances, it’s definitely affecting his style, and what I hate most is I actually like him as an artist, or, liked, until he went all screwy.

You’re a pasty-assed white English … I have no clue how to end that, anymore.

He thinks it’s the age thing, or he thinks it’s me falling victim to puberty — he’s even had the nerve to `suggest` I’m jealous (yes, because I want a boyfriend who can double as an anciently older brother, who doesn’t?) *sigh* the arrogance on that boy!

But he’s the one that’s changing his whole identity … I agree with Anonymous, “I didn’t know love had a race”, but, this is my point, he •has• a boyfriend, for once, he’s got a solid, proper, functioning relationship, and he’s going to go do something stupid, just you watch … lately (i. e. the last two-three months) he’s even said he `feels black`.

How the hell do you `feel` black?

*rolls eyeballs* And he could not be more white, he’s whiter than Swiss cheese, it’s just, I don’t know, at this point, I’d actually be relieved to hear he’s on drugs or something, at least it’d explain his brain turning to slush.

I don’t know what this is, a race issue, a … it’s a dumb idea for a trend, though, you should like who you like for whatever reason you like them, not “because they’re black”, I mean that’s as racist as excluding any potential friends or boyfriends based on the colour of their skin.

My friend is a trophy idiot. *shrug* But he’s my friend, so, I have to figure this madness out, as if that’s what was missing from my life all along. Madness will accompany me all the way to the grave, I’m sure. My friends see to that.