How do I get over being so shy?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me because I was to shy, and I wasn't as open as him. I even told him that I can't help but be shy, I was only shy around him because I really liked him and didn't want to mess up.

How do I get over my shyness?

Most Helpful Guy

• Really your boyfriend broke up with you because you were shy, oh dear. Well i honestly think that you should not change anything about yourself for anyone. Yes it's your choice if you want to be shy or not and both are ok, if you are happy with it. In fact one of my best friends from school was a girl who is incredibly shy but she does not want to change herself for anyone. I think its awesome that you were a little shy around him. I was so shy the first few times i spoke to my wife when we dated. You certainly deserve way better than him. He broke up with you because you were shy, count your lucky stars it ended now rather than later. I think you can overcome shyness by just meeting people and talking more... don't feel afraid to just go up to people and talk to them. and don't worry, just be a little confident and you'll do just fine :)

Most Helpful Girl

• He's not worth it. Don't go around changing yourself for a stupid guy who doesn't appreciate you the way you are. You are shy; he's open. That's just the way people are: different. And just because he think you should be a certain way to the extent of breaking up with you for it, then he's not worth you changing yourself, no one is. Just embrace your shyness. Don't be too shy though. Good luck :) and never change yourself for anyone.

What Guys Said 5

• exposure, put yourself out there. interact with others and get comfortable being in that kind of environment and atmosphere.

• By trying not to be shy. You have to fight yourself and try to open yourself a little more. Oh, and there's no need to be shy around people you like, they're exactly the ones you should try not be shy around them.

• The main thing is to take social risks. Talk to people although they may ignore you and shut you out.

Most people who are shy are risk-averse in their lives, which affects their overall success in life.

• Aww I just wanna hug you. You deserve better than that. Best thing to do is mix with people. Just slowly ease into social things and it will get easier in time

• Well, fights are going to happen, that's just how it works but, fights can't happen, if you're not open. It's actually a little creepy, when you don't say what's on your mind

What Girls Said 3

• Are you so shy that you're petrified to talk to anyone? Or are you only shy around people you don't know very well?

It may be beneficial to ask friends (ones with which you're most comfortable) for their opinions.

• Just shy around people I don't know.

• Find a person to be a sort of role model. Remember how they would act/talk. Also study how the average person acts.

• I'm shy when I'm around new people. My ex's family didn't like me because they felt like I was too quiet. I don't think people shouldn't like you because you're different from them. It took me about a year and a half to open up completely to my ex's family. Sometimes it just takes time. Some people hit it off really fast and some people take time to build relationships. I guess next time I will try to be a little less shy, but I think it's smart to take your time with getting to know people to see if they should be close to you or not.