Why do guys delete everything like relationship status and pics so quickly after a break up?

It really hurts, it makes me feel like he never cared about me. It hasn't even been a day and he has broken up with me four times now :( I'm just dreading when he tells me to come get my belongings from his house.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys deals with break ups different than girls.
    They seem they get over it easily;but they do not. He just trying to get over and he looks happy but he is not.

What you have to do; you should stop concentrating on how he feels. YOU should take care of yourself first.
    Of course it does hurt. But give yourself sometime. It will be ok.

What Guys Said 24

• #1. He's hurt too (might be).
    #2. Out of sight, out of mind.
    #3. He wants to make it clear.
    #4. No obstacles in finding other girls.
    #5. He's confident that he'd replace those and don't collect these things as accomplishment.

• Basically, he expects a giant influx of booty now that he's single again.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...261802af71.jpg

• Just like what everyone else said, it's because he wants to move on. I did the same thing an hour after I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years. Looking at all of the pictures of you having fun together makes it twice as hard to get over them. I would honestly recommend that you do the same thing. I know it's easier said than done, but get over him and realize that there are tons of better guys out there. Once I realized this and took my ex off her pedestal I realized that she wasn't the girl for me and that I was just blinded by our relationship. Enjoy the perks of being single and the fact that you can flirt with any attractive guy you want. The possibilities are endless. You're no longer tied down.

• because its just one of the coping mechanisms we employ. Men "generally" don't like to talk about feelings, so we brush things to the side and get on with it. By him deleting everything he doesn't have to be hit with a constant reminder of your past relationship. I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying that could be a reason as to why he has done it

• Some guys don't want to seem like they're holding on too long. And others just wanna rip off the band aid.

In the past I have done this, and it because of the latter reason. I had no shame for being absolutely gutted; I just wanted to begin the painful process of getting over it ASAP, and the best way to do it was to cut all contact.

It worked perfectly for me.

• For many guys, getting rid of anything that is their's is the only way to move on and quickly. That's just how a lot of guys deal with the breakup. It's not because they don't care, but because they care too much to keep that stuff around.

• I wish I didn't care. If hurts like hell when he is the only guy you've ever loved. And spent a year for it to end. But I don't blame him for leaving in ways... It still sucks that he has done it four times over the phone. Never did he have the guts in person and I don't know why I took him back every time only to end up here again crying myself to death. If someone cares so much why run away when $hit gets tough...

• Because he hurts too and he doesn't want to think about it. Deleting pics and texts makes it so we don't have to look at them. I do it because if I don't delete them I'll keep looking and that doesn't help.

• Tbh, You're an idiot for going back to him after he broke up with you the other 3 times... its your own fault.

• Men's instinct is to move on, even when they are in fact deeply hurt by it all. Push it out of sight, get it out of mind, etc.

• honestly, its an ego thing

• i did at one time but i regret doing it now. its not because we don't care in fact it probably means we cared enough that it hurts to look at the pictures. so we delete them. now looking back its a terrible idea because although the love may be gone and we have different feelings. its nice to have the pictures of the good times. because after a break up its the bad times that you remember most.
    don't take it personally, its just a reaction to heartache.
    all the best,
    J

• Some do that so they don't hold on, You don't know how the guy feels deep down

• sry to say these
    mayb he wants to get rid of you
    mayb he wants to forget about you
    maybe he thinks those things are a waste of space
    many reasons

• because after a break up men remove anything thats a reminder of the past

• Because f**k that b***h!!

• Because guys are quick to move on, while girls will hold onto something even after it's long gone.

• sounds like you need a (g) bff

• That's why you shouldn't use social media.

• I personally do it because it helps me get over her quickly, if I leave things as they are I may second guess myself or start regretting the decision.

• Because they want to forget about the ex as soon as possible. If a guy leaves those things up it makes it seem like he doesn't 'accept' the breakup and is still hoping there is a chance they'll get back together.

• 4 times?
    Are you some sucker for punishment?
    Why do you keep wasting time on a douchebag, when a million guys out there would treat you like gold?

• of course they do. they gof or something new and less rotten.

• He already has someone else in mind and wants to move on and his new girlfriend doesn't want to see pictures of his old girlfriend

• Best way to get over an ex is to delete them from your life, both digitally and in person. It isn't that we didn't care, but the truth is, it's time to move on and meet other women now. Can't move on if you cling to everything about your ex. Pretend she died, that's what I do.

What Girls Said 15

• ... He has broken up with me four times now...
    This is what I call a "Full circle problem pattern" here, dear, where he is doing the same thing, over and over, and it always comes back to the 'Same' old thing Where... It makes me feel like he never cared about me.
    He is probably just mad and upset and having a hissy fit when he Quickly and Angrily Pushed a button on his own end with Deleting and with most likely Repeating This once again for old times sake. You should be used to it by now.
    He may or may Not tell you to 'Come get' and grab anything. He probably wants to keep you around because he does Still Care but personally this isn't healthy if you both are Not going to get on the same Page and come to some sort of Compromise in this relationship.
    The writing on my own wall and all is if you are sick and tired and wired of all the Relationship Redrick then call him up, tell him to leave Everything he has there on the front porch and you come by and get this. Also tell him you are Not going through the pain of no gain with His and Her History that keeps 'Repeating' itself, it's over, I need to move on.
    Good luck. xx

• Once you are out of that circle, you are out of that circle. Eliminating someone from your life is easier to deal with I suppose. I do that, it helps me move on.

• I'm just wondering if he has broken up with u four times, he must have struggled moving on or unless he woke up to his senses that being lonely and using u for sex while he can't find someone else is not a good idea any longer.

• so that he cannot start looking for other girls as soon as possible..

• Because it's the best thing to do to forget about everything quickly.

• Because the relationship is OVER. I do the same thing. I'm not someone who has trouble with letting go.

• If he deleted everything then I wouldn't ever go back to him cause he sounds like a jerk , cause that was pretty fast to delete everything!

• I guess it is a little like ripping off a plaster... It hurts, but you got to do it fast.
    Kind of rude, tho. Keep your head up!

• Because you want to forget that person and what you had so you move on.

• Woowww.. he's a jerk. Move on. Im sorry

• He wants to forget and move on.

• Why wouldn't they? It's over. Done. Finished.

• Some men move on quickly especially if you hurt them bad enough or piss them off

• Because they want to be single and free and maybe because they're mad

• He doesn't really love you. Sorry but you should move on with your life if he's willing to kick you to the curve so quickly and erase all your memorys he doesn't want people to see you on his stuff becouse thats a "cockblock" and he probably wants to explore new women.

• Just because he deleted pictures doesn't mean he doesn't love her -_-

• If he nroke up with her 4 times in a row and keeps breking her heart kicks her out and deletes her pjcs so soon... he never really was in love with her maybe he loved her but he wasn't really "in love".

• I think that if he didn't love her, he wouldn't have broken up with her 4 times but only once... He did that so that he could move on once and for all.