Is there anything a white dude should know before dating a black girl?

Like any special advice or just approach it like you would with anyone else.

Most Helpful Girl

• Approach her like you would any other girl. Treat her like any other girl. And most importantly, be yourself!

What Girls Said 8

• Lol why ask this. Sounds like your just being stereotypical about black women. We are not all the same. Before dating a black girl have some respect for them as a whole as no two are the same. If you have to ask this you shouldn't be dating them as your obviously singling the race out for some reason

• Treat her with respect (we don't care if someone we're close to touches our hair and we aren't cats who fear getting our hair wet) anyway treat her the same way you would treat someone else you dated. If you give us a certain kind of care just because of our race you might get a brow raise. Add on its no. Her race that dictates the way you treat her but her personality.

• This might come as a shock to you but they are people treat her just as well as you should treat anyone else.

• I think they hate having their hair touched or getting it wet.

• You "think"? Why?

• @Gojira No real life experience - just saying what I read on here or saw in movies...
      May not be true.
      I said 'I think', not 'I know'... So calm your britches ladies who downvoted. =)

• Oh my god...

• Do not call her " nigga" bc she's gonna get mad... Just saying ahah

• Treat her as any other girl. Be prepared that not everyone will accept interracial relationships. Communicate with her as she will with you :)

• You need to learn the universal black handshake, instructions in the restricted section of the library at Hogwarts. Ya kno wha I mean?

What Guys Said 5

• The only thing to know, is to not try too hard to "act black". Every black female I've ever known hates that shit. :)

• Treat her like you would any other girl and with respect, be prepared for people give her lots of shit because of you being with her, and if anything don't follow stereotypes and assume she loves chicken and kool-aid cause that can tick a person off a lot faster than you know.

• This guy deserves mho.

• I hate it when I'm around white girls and some people say, "of course a THUG gets that innocent girl."

Like seriously, I do listen to rap and like snapbacks, but I'm not a thug. I try to stay out of trouble not in trouble.

Don't also do that and assume she loves rap, Love and Hip Hop, MTV and BET, basketball, and that she's familiar with the local police. Any of that and you WILL get slapped.

And if her family is like mines and that stereotypical ghetto family that will stand up for her, you WILL get beat.

• Be prepared that not all people will support you two dating.

• Here's one. Even though your heart may desire to do so. DO NOT put that KKK robe on. But DO place a burning cross on her front lawn to signal to her that you are ready to pick her up.

• Don't meet her family and friends too soon. Let them acclimate to the idea that she's dating a white guy. I have a scar for not following that advice.