Why do girls not admit they like good looking guys too?

Personality confidence insert other bullshit girl say they are attracted to but it all comes down to LOOKS in the long run. I mean who can be attracted to anyone who they find brutal looking? I simply don't buy it. political correcteness aside

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks are usually the first thing cos that's the surface. Everyone gets attracted to pretty things instantly, but then, it's also about looking at that pretty thing closely and finding its quirkiness and whether it fits your bill.

So even if a girl may or may not admit to liking someone for their looks, there will come a time when they'll (maybe) put the looks aside, especially if they're searching for a relationship instead of a one night stand.

But for a relationship, you need to spend time and talk to each other. And depending on the space and time, or even what that area's culture allows, there may not be enough mental space to allow one to do that. In the age of instants, you want another instant remedy for romance, not work hard to make one.

And by the way, for the record, I have 3 friends who are attracted to "brutal looking" people. Cos these brutal people exude a certain charisma that attracts them.
    It's always a case of... "Ah... there's something about him..."
    So it's just the way we look, or how open we are to looking. Maybe the girls you stumbled across are the kind who don't bother/prefer to look twice or are scared to.

• ;'))))
      If you ask me personally, everytime I looked at someone with looks, the moment I'd talk to them, I'd realise they're either reeeeeaaallly dumb, or just not my cuppa tea. Lol. One of the guys I bothered to date who was cute, I realised was just sooo desperate for a fuck. And when I realised he wanted to kiss me, I just got UTTERLY turned off. Lol. So glad he did not force himself on me. I'd have kicked him in the balls.

Come to think of it, after that, I've only found one guy who's really cute and intelligent whom I've been attracted to. But I know I won't gel with him in the long run, so I've kept my distance. I really admire him though.

Most Helpful Guy

• They are raised hearing that it is shallow and wrong to like those things. For this same reason women are more likely to shame guys for openly admitting we like good looking girls. The women that actually admit they like good looking guys are always much less judgmental about that type of thing, and also less likely to have a poor view of men in general.

You can even tell by the majority of women on here that are admitting they care about looks that they feel the need to insert some disclaimer about personality being more important, in order distance themselves from caring about looks, and by association proving they are not as shallow as the people they were taught deserve to be looked down on. Which is why the majority of slut shaming comes from other women, and not from guys.

What Girls Said 16

• I have always admitted it. When I do admit it I normally get slated for being very visual but hey no one ever thinks look at that really unattractive person I really want to get to know them!

Sometimes you grow to like someone who you would not normally be attracted to but usually it is someone you find attractive to some extent.

Give me a young Tom Cruise any day of the week!

• I've always admitted it haha the first thing you notice about a person is their looks not their personality, goes along with you most likely wouldn't approach a person that you think isn't attractive

• I think you have to be attracted to someone, some what. I'm honestly way more open to variety when it comes to looks if I really like someones personality though. I honestly don't give a f about 6 packs and muscles and all of that typical shit and never have lol. Someone just even close to average looking is ok with me if I really like their personality.

• Their looks get my attention, their personality will make me stay or run lol

• We do. Just no amount of good looks will make us like an annoying, cringe-worthy or ugly personality.
    For many of us at least.

• i admit.. i always do..

• Just a week ago I found someone attractive based on his personality and his brain.
    Man, he is one wise guy.

• I like good looking guys.

• i've always stated it freely

• Depends, naturally attractive men are the same as unconventionally attractive women..., attractive. But guys who tan, spend waaay too much time looking in the mirror etc are usually compensating for something and full of themselves. Its like when I'm driving on the highway and a huge expensive lifted truck gets up on my bumper, rides my ass for miles then speeds around me doing 100... I dont give those guys my middle finger, I show them pinky... bc that's how big they are.

• Personality really is what I look for. Good looks are just a bonus lol

• Those people are talking bs. Or else people with physical deformities would have no problem dating people without physical deformities.

We all care about looks. We have eyes, it's the first thing we observe.

• It's kind of like... when you have a class where homework, projects, and tests all make up a different percentage of your grade. You need to do your homework to pass, but you don't have to do -all- of it or you don't have to do a great job on all of it, but you definitely can't pass if you flunk all your tests.

So personality would be the tests and looks would be the homework. You need looks, but the personality is still more important.

I apologize for my analogy and explanation, I'm running on very little sleep. -.-

But yeah, most girls will admit that looks do matter (from what I've seen, anyway), but they'll still place emphasis on personality because that matters more.

• Well duh we like good looking guys but that's not the most important thing.

• Actually you've got it backwards. Personality and confidence in the long run. Looks matter more in short term.

• well, there's some kind of girls who does... But yes, sometimes I admit it in an indirected way

What Guys Said 15

• I agree with you I don't buy it either. Also from the way I have seen many girls act I do not believe it either and actions speak louder than words do. Looks matter to everyone to some degree, those that say they don't matter at all are lying end of story. However, looks do matter to some people way more than others but no one can say 100% looks do not matter to them.

• It's implied that they like good looking guys, there's no need to say it cause everyone lokes good looking people.

• I don't remember ever hearing that looks were never a factor. Not from a single girl.

• Then you obviously never been to the "why can't I get a girlfriend " questions

• 5/10 is still 5/10. Looks are STILL a factor there.

We're talking someone who is 0/10 and going on ALL personality. I'm pretty sure no girl would take a guy who is 0/10, or hell, maybe even 1/10 or a 2/10.

• Its funny cause people who are a 0 out of ten are probably very rare 5 out of ten is what people consider ugly around them when i rate a girl a 5 thats pretty much she's ugly

• Who doesn't like a good looking person? It takes more than just the looks though to be attractive to someone

• Looks do count but not as much as it means to a guy. You judging a girls attraction on a guys perspective, which is wrong. I have seen heaps of mediocre looking guys with hot girlfriends. Next time you out and see hot girls with their men, look at the actual guy (perv over him ha ha), look at his face, his physique etc and you will see that the guy isn't all that hot. How he carries himself, what he wears, how he acts, all play a part. Women are Less judgmental about looks than a guy.

• Because its probably not as much an want as it is for guys. Many women who want to settle down and raise a family , she might choose someone who might be a better provider , more likely hood to stay in the relationships , Subconsciously or consciously she is looking for more than a hot guy. Doesn't mean that hot guys can't be that , but the count is lower.

• They dont have to admit it. It's a universal fact

• I dunno, I think a lot of girls admit it. I think they say they like other stuff MORE, which I disagree with because I think attractiveness is equally important between the sexes, but I haven't ran into many girls that say "oh yeah, I HATE good looking guys, I'm only attracted to like... Confidence, and shit."

• "yeah I don't like muscular guys like him *points at an extremely fit guy* see he's so skinny!" lol

• I'm pretty sure it's implied.

• most of the girls out here are not even that pretty u know. Quit being demotivated by them

• Because they think it makes them look bad. They always say the favorable thing to people but behind closed doors they are honest.

• Girls don't care about looks, as long as the guys isn't frighteningly ugly. Like, you'd have to look like the hobo from Mulholland Drive for a girl not to date you purely based on your looks. They care more if about a guy being well-groomed, he doesn't need to be genetically good-looking. If a girl rejects, you can bet it's because of some reason other than your looks. Take care of yourself and you should be fine.

• Young girls care more about looks, than older women, though older women do typically care. Older women are ready to settle down, so, they don't care about looks as much as they do about money. Younger girls just like to have flings with good looking young guys

• Because they are as shallow as men are. They just hide it better than we do.

• So they can feign having the moral high ground to hold over your head. Just posturing.