Guys, what do you consider to be a "classy" girl?

I have my own list in mind but would like to hear yours! :) What makes a girl classy in your eyes? What things should she do and what things should she avoid doing at all costs? & if guys really appreciate classy girls then how come I see a lot of guys chasing after girls with crazy reputations and very scantily dressed/very revealing clothes, etc? Thanks for answering my question & greatly appreciate your help :)

41

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, manners - An aggressive attitude probably the biggest turn-off.
    Be mindful of your self-conduct, self-image, and self-respect.

Second, dress appropriately, and dress like a women - nothing screams class like a nice dress or skirt outfit with non-dominating accessories and make-up.
    Heals if you can bear it, semi-flats are okay too.
    A real man appreciates a well dressed woman.
    I know dresses, skirts and heels aren't always convenient, but there are other options than jeans, spandex, sweatpants, t-shirts and sneakers.

Third, no ink under any circumstances. No piercings but for earrings. - They display short-term thinking, lack of foresight, and a rebellious attitude.

Fourth, No whoring around - A lady doesn't give it up to any guy who gives her attention. Learn to commit... it's not the end of the world.

Classy women attract classy men - if you want a good one, you've gotta be one.

-------------
    And just so it doesn't come off as women bashing...
    Guys... learn how to act and dress like gentlemen, you look and act like slobs or street thugs..
    And for christs sake... learn to respect good women, and stop treating them like cum dumpsters. Stop thinking with your dicks, you filth.
    Just a little chivalry goes a long way.
    Trust me on this... you'll be landing some classy chicks worth it all, if you do.

Let the downvoting commence.

What Guys Said 40

• From some of the responses, I guess I don't always go for the 'classy girls'. I like the ones that are true to themselves, and don't pretend to be 'upper class' or 'smart' or whatever!!
    I've ADORED some that could drink me under the table, and others that can curse, to make a sailor blush!!
    It's all about the person, and honesty, 'REALNESS' is most important to me!! Don't pretend to be something you aren't, because it always shows!!
    I like the women that don't focus on the make-up, shoes, or clothes! She wears what she likes, and doesn't give a 'sht' if she has a panyline, because she is comfortable, wearing what she likes! As far as the hair, and nails, and paying $100's? None of those are at all what I want!

• I agree that when people are authentic/genuine that is the most attractive thing they can do :) And thanks for answering my question by the way! :)

• Sadly since I'm hot I tend to attract sluts (oh the struggles of being attractive! XD (sarcasm)). But my dream girl is the definition of classy. What I see as classy is a very smart girl with manners who know how to dress, and be sexy, but not slutty. She has a great sense of fashion and style, and is very confident in herself (but not too confident). She is caring and loyal, and knows how to have a real relationship. The kind of girl that looks serious and sophisticated (like me!) But is actually fun and exciting. It may seem shallow to some people, but she has to be stunningly beautiful to pull it all off (at least an 8/10), but I'm not THAT picky about looks. If they have the right personality it makes them seem much more physically attractive.

• Aww, you had a really sweet answer aha :) I completely agree with your perception of classiness by the way :)

• Lol thanks! I have yet to find any girl with class though... probably because I'm young and class in highs school is almost a joke :/

• Trust me they exist in high schools too you just haven't found the girl for you, lol :) & I was one of those rare ones I guess, lol :P Anyway good luck finding what you're looking for! :)

• What should she do for me to find her attractive? Not be classy or trashy. Lol I don't like either extremes, personally. Trashy feels like she as no respect for herself and classy feels like she has too much respect for herself. Classy woman are usually very well educated, intelligent, witty, romantic, well-spoken, elegant, etc. I'm not really interested in a relationship like that at all, though. However I'm also not interested in trashy women that dress scantily clad, act crazy, gossip constantly, are whiny and possessive, etc., either.

• I'd consider a classy girl any girl who carries herself with confidence instead of relying on her body to get attention. Any girl who can approach me and is approachable without being sexual at all at first glance is classy. The clothes that she wears makes a bit of a difference. As long as she is decently covering the parts of the body that should be reserved for privacy, that's fine. If you're wearing shorts that show half your ass I would not consider that classy. And a lot of guys who chase after girls with crazy reputations and practically no clothing are guys looking to fuck. They most likely do not want a real relationship and if they did they wouldn't date a girl like that. Generally if a guy is trying to date someone they'll look more at personality and how it will be in the long run rather than cup size and how much skin is showing. I hope I helped.

• This is my personal opinion so it may differ somewhat from others.

A classy girl respects everybody around her and sees herself as equal to everyone. She doesn't talk down to anybody. She doesn't attract attention in anyway. She doesn't dress trashy and isn't too revealing. She's always got that perfect balance. She speaks very well and clearly and never swears or curses. She does not possess any disgusting habits such as spitting on the floor, smoking (it's a turn off for me) burping etc. She has this graceful walk that gives her an aura of elegance. She doesn't play games and is very calm and patient. Always keeps her cool.

• A classy girl:

* dresses beautiful while never like a hooker
    * speaks and writes English properly, limiting slang and casual profanity - knows the difference between there, their, and they're
    * let's a guy open a door for her
    * knows the difference between a pinot noir, zin, and other wines, what they pair with, and orders them appropriately
    * would never be caught dead drinking a white zinfandel
    * can control her volume and excitement in a conversation
    * controls her impulsiveness
    * stands and walks with her back straight, sits with her legs crossed
    * appreciates foreign travel, and I'm not talking about partying in Mexico for spring break
    * doesn't associate with losers, wannabe criminals, or the like of either sex

If you cover most of this list you're probably a classy girl.

• A girl who:
    - Doesn't play games
    - Knows what she wants (both in life and in a relationship)
    - Is willing to put in the work to get what she wants
    - Doesn't act entitled to shit just because she's a female
    - Has self respect
    - Is ambitious
    - Isn't a cunt

• Nah I love classy women. To me I think classy all comes down to how the woman presents herself.

The clothes she wear does it make her look elegant, sophisticated? When she says hi to you and gets into a conversation is she talking in a calm settle tone where she guides you along with her beautiful presence.

I think in order to be classy they should be themselves but at the same time live by the moment and be at their best behaviour as the way they convey themselves to other people I'm not saying to become too self-conscious but I think confidence kind of comes in there it's very hard to explain.

To me the girls who are overly energetic can't really be considered classy in my eyes cause to me it seems like they are just a lot about fun and putting that energy out there.

It's because the guys you see are young and probably don't understand the long-term effects of being around such type.

• Very respectful towards others and formal. You see a lot of guys chasing after scantily dressed women because there are more scantily dressed women than women dressed classy. It's a simple numbers game. The girl that are dressed up do get chased after as well but there's less of them to chase.

• ok ill answer fully seeing as most are not... to answer your question a classy girl is one who stands out but in a good way and cares more about her intelligence and self worth instead of dressing with revealing clothing and attracting attention that way... secondly guys chase girls that dress like tramps for sex not for relationships unless they want to point score against there friends! Hope This Helps!

• Well, I have my own list in mind.

• Great but I was kinda hoping to hear it, lol :)

• Right, I can't put it here because of these reasons:

1. Firstly even though it's true I have the list in mind but it's equally true that I want to single forever (till the end) and so there is no point in putting it here. I am not a pursuer kind of a guy who would pursue a woman, I have never done that and will never do that, hence the kind of woman who would fulfil my list only exists in my head, in my dreams and will never become a reality. I accept it's because of me, but that's fine and as strange as it may sound to you, it's my realization and it's true

2. I am uncomfortable putting it here because it's complicated, hard to explain.

Hence I can only tell my list if someone messages me and asks me but I won't put it here and I hope you understand these points and please no judgements, I am not saying you will do that but I am saying just in case. Even if you don't understand it's fine but please I request no judgements.

Thank you

• I kind of just want a girl who will take care of me. Not big stuff though, little stuff like when I come home from work with sore feet, she will offer to help me undress and rub my feet.

I don't think that's asking for a lot but I'm certainly hard pressed to find a girl that thinks the same.

• Respect for others, love of herself and others , speaks well of others , is generous and true to herself , so nothing fake or based on appearance will make a woman classy in my eyes. What matters is the opinion of the one who you seek to show "classy" to , The range is wide , with 100 guys , you'll get 100 different answers , many will be similar, there will be extremes.

• Confidence (not to be confused with bitchyness or arrogance)
    Nice dress sense (no trashy clothing etc)
    Has varied interests
    Lastly, not foul mouthed!

• Basic educate is always a good place to start. I notice the difference right away with women who say things like please, thank you, etc as oppose to those who don't.

• About my girls/women I love when they are dressed in T-shirts tucked in and other accessories and when they have long hair of course and my girls/women are sympathetic/empathetic they all exist in my world where I belong but the world in front of me is where I don't belong and everything is an illusion to me in this world which isn't my world.

• -Integrity (honest about self)
    -Humour

Which is why a scantily-clad woman with a crazy reputation can be classy. If that is who she is, she owns it, and she's fun.

But honestly, I mainly care about their looks anyway.

• The worst thing is some boring person who prides themself on all the things they don't do, as if that is something worthy of praise. E. g. I don't have sex, I don't wear revealing clothes, bla, bla, bla. Congratulations.

I have never killed anyone. Do I get a prize?

• If a girl uses the word "classy", then she's not classy.

• That was a good one, lol :) But "classy" is actually put in quotations because it is subjective from person to person :)

• respect of self and others, and good values. if she's slept with a few guys but they were all more or less cool then its fine. if her past history is being passed around frat houses and football teams she's probably not worth having

• well "she" (a classy girl) should avoid dressing like these modern tramps you see wearing yoga pants/leggings/booty shorts/shorts that are way to short/ tight clothes.

"she" would have sort of real style to her life instead of being like you average harlot

etc etc

• Emma Watson

She's what I consider to be classy

• Doesn't hookup/have casual sex.

Speaks well. Dresses modestly but attractively.

• I consider a girl classy when she possesses: an esoteric literary or cinematic knowledge, an excellent use of double entendres, along with a suggestive, but arguably modest style of dress.

The rest really depends on personal preference.

• Well even scantly clad women can be classy, if they can carry themselves, having a foreign accent can help sometimes, and good education is also a sign of a classy lady... but it really all depends on her body language and the company she keeps...

• A classy women

Has integrity
    Principals
    And Honour

In everything she does... simply

• How she talks...

How she dresses...

And how she kisses

• strong-willed, loyal, old fashioned, and gof fearing.

• I do not give a fuck about wearing brands, if she wears nice i will find her attractive.

• You know how to act in public and has taste that is refined.

• queen elizabeth

she's the queen, you can't get any more classy

• More from Guys
    10