Guys, what is your opinion on dating single moms?

Just curious...

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone who is recently divorced without kids and in early thirties, I have been thinking about this myself. Most people my age that are single do have kids. Earlier in life I would have said no personally but now I would be okay with it. Dating would be more complex obviously but If I really liked the woman I would work with her to make it work out.

What Guys Said 4

• Dating a single mom is tough. The first thing is to get the idea out of my head that I will be number one in her life. Her children always come first, then her family, herself, her friends, some random people, and I'll be like number 9 or 10 down the list :(. Secondly, it is kinda disturbing to date someone with kids that aren't mine. There is always that chance that the father will want to be back in her life, and when that happens, I'll have to leave. The mother's children throw me through a guilt trip. I am always like.."Damn, that kid is really cool, how come the father isn't there?"

However, there is nothing wrong with dating a single mom. As a friend, they are truly wonderful because they don't BS with me, and they know how to get their life straight. There are more, and more single moms (more single parents in general), and although it seems taboo to date single parents, they are people that need comfort and love just like I do. There is a woman, a single mom that I would love to date, but I know I'm not good enough for her. I only dream...but anyway.

I hope that answers your question.

• "and they know how to get their life straight."

If they knew how to get their life straight, would they be single moms? Some yes, without doubt! But as a rule? I doubt it very much.

"The first thing is to get the idea out of my head that I will be number one in her life. Her children always come first, then her family, herself,"

And married wives will not put their children first (always), then family & themselves? I doubt it. Some may put you before their kids & family but most will not.

• Thats a great question, sumbody pointed out to me that its better to date people who already have kids if you don't want kids. I actually want kids but I just threw that out there lol but anyway I actually have opened up to this a lot more than I used to. I don't know why but it is just a change, dating girls without kids can be a pain in the a** so y not. Plus there are soooooooo many single moms that you don't have a lot of choices where I'm from

• That's funny what you said about dating people with kids if you don't want any yourself, I've never heard that one before :)

• I wouldn't see any problem in dating a single mom if I wasn't married. If we got along good her kids would be like mine. The big problem could be the kid's dad(s), if he was around or came back.

• I'd never date one.

What Girls Said 0