Girls, can women ever really separate sex from love?

I want to reach out to a guy and let him know that I just want a casual fling with him, and I am sure I don't want a long term relationship with him. I just wonder if women ever really separate sex from love?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• of course we can.

What Girls Said 11

• It really depends on the woman. Personally? I couldn't have sex with a guy I didn't love as I feel like me myself would find it too difficult.

However, a lot of women can as there's loads of jobs girls can do where they really have to separate love from sex otherwise I'm pretty sure the sex industry wouldn't be too great.

• Some girls can, but they are in the minority.

• I only once had a fling with a guy I didn't love and my feelings changed after I slept with him even though I didn't want them to and didn't think they would. His feelings, on the other hand, did not change. I didn't get my heart broken or anything like that, but it was uncomfortable enough that I won't do it again.

• I thought I could but I can't!

• I honestly think it just depends on the person and how you view sex/your body/relationships as a whole. I believe it is completely possible! The fact that you're worried about this, though, suggests to me that you tend to see sex as a more intimate thing? If that is the case, then I would advise against it.

• I couldn't ever.

• I think it depends on the woman but I think it's more difficult for women to do than for men to do.

• With effective contraception sex is just a nice leisure activity. The interaction needs to be carefully and clearly understood as just a leisure activity and nothing more

• Yeah. I've done it before.

• I think if i was really horny and didn't have a boyfriend I would be able to just fuck a guy and leave it at that. With that said, it's never happened though so I don't know for sure :P

• I tried it and it did not work. I caught feelings and I was all fucked up