Is it a good idea to stop texting guys so much and keep communication to the minimum?

I hate when I start crushing for someone and then they stop texting me... so maybe I should just avoid texting too much? Like... no more than three or four lines a day saying something witty or just to convey information (e. g. when and where we're going to meet?).

I HATE when a guys starts texting much less. It leaves me so insecure, so maybe it's just better to never text more than 2 or 3 lines a day... or is this not enough at the beginning?

Most Helpful Guy

• If they stopped texting you so much, it's likely due to them not being interested. Find someone else new. Changing how often you text someone won't effect whether they like you unless it's obsessively bad or never at all. Or they are a guy who enjoys a "chase", but that isn't common.

• sometimes it is that they lose interest, but not always. it's like... if I hadn't texted the guy so much at the beginning now I wouldn't miss his messages. i hate this feeling of getting used to someone messaging me and then starting to obsess over it

• obsessing over it is the real problem here. Just relax on the texting, relax on kinda everything. This is a new person, and treat it as such. If you don't get back to them immediately, or vice versa, no biggie. Right?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're going to do that then you should make up for it in other ways. For example, make sure you call them to have real conversations and just always be lively and interesting otherwise you will look boring as hell and conversationally challenged. He'll lose interest and move on :/

• Honestly though, the frequency of texts depends on the connection. Personally, I've found it takes a very rare, special connection for both parties to hold long, legitimate texting conversations. Even though I've had great chemistry with various guys throughout my dating timeline, there has only been one guy I could do that with. It was ridiculous, we would spend hours talking and I always got really excited when my phone would jingle and there would be his lengthy texts :) but my current boyfriend isn't like that at all and he never has been. Some people just aren't texters. Don't take it personally!

• the problem is that i get that frequently with guys. they text me all the time and long deep conversations for a while, let's say, two months, and one day they stop texting. of course, we've texted too much for an extended period of time and there's not so much we can say anymore... and then i get needy and miss our texting :(

with some of the guys i had sex and with others i haven't. they keep texting A LOT even after we have sex, it's just later on that it starts fading.

i want to get rid of my texting neediness!

• why do you think you're so needy?

What Guys Said 1

• I am in the same situation with a girl. She sounds so uninterested because she doesn't text me much anymore. Maybe 5 lines within 6 hours. I was always the last to comment then she will leave without saying anything.

What Girls Said 2

• That seems like a little, he won't be annoyed as long as you keep the conversation interesting that's all. But if the conversation seems dead, then yeah you should keep it low.

• Don't text a guy a lot In The beginning. A new guy shouldn't get so much of your time and feelings.