Guys, Can I date his friend?

So I was dating a guy for about a month, but it didn't work out, we didn't end it per se, but he basically disappeared and I didn't bother to try to reach out. This was about a month ago.
Recently I ran I to one if his close-ish friends, who asked me out. Would it be weird if I said yes? Should I give the original guy any warning, or is that his friends job?

If it matters, the only thing that happened between us was kissing, it never went further than that.

8

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you didn't date very long. He is the one who asked you out. If there is to be any problem, it's probably going to be your ex being angry with his friend. But there's also the possibility that he already made sure it was okay with your ex. So I think it would be alright, just don't go too fast. Taking it slow seems to work out a lot better for me than jumping into things that I'm not comfortable with just so the other person is satisfied. It's your ex's fault that he didn't respond to you. If he doesn't put forward an effort to keep you then it's his loss. I say if you haven't talked to someone that you were in a relationship with in a while and you don't feel like you're dating, then it's pretty much the same thing as breaking up except with a little less drama.

What Guys Said 7

• You can date whoever you like but keep in mind it can create bad blood between the 2 guys unless he asked his friend if it was okay prior. You don't have to give the original guy any warning because it isn't his business - you briefly tried, it didn't work out, it's over.

If his friend knew you guys went out he'd probably check with his friend if it's okay, if he didn't then he's probably willing to take heat from his friend just so he can take you out in which case it shouldn't really be your problem anyway.

• personally i would not date the close friend its bound to cause emotion flares between them. and your ex is still going to be protective and get very pissed off if you two are still close just as friends.

• You can yes but then you have a chance of completely ruining the relationship between him and his friend.

• But isn't that his friends choice to make/deal with? After all he sought me out and asked me out, knowing we dated.

• Well then clearly he doesn't give a shit about his friend. Do whatever you feel is right I suppose.

• Ultimately your choice but my suggestion will be keep it platonic relation it's with past experience I am saying.
    Keep this till ex and current not confirm

• It's fine could lead to problems but it's fine

• Giving him a heads up won't hurt but don't feel obligated to. I'm sure he'll get the idea.

• it " might " lead to a problem but you can try if you want