Guys, We are 4 years apart does it matter?

I'm 16 and he's 20 and we are dating. Some people at school think I'm a slut but it's only a 4 year age difference and we obviously get along and have a healthy relationship. I don't think people would care if it was a 24 year old and a 28 year old...

5

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally wouldn't do that. For one the age of consent where I'm at is 18 so I'd be screwed for life with a statutory rape charge on my record.

A 24 year old and 28 year old are closer to the same maturity than a 16 year old and a 20 year old. They're also in closer stages of life. You're in high school he's in college/work.

What Guys Said 4

• At that age it is a very large age difference. If it's love, then okay, but this is a potentially dangerous situation for the younger person (you). Be careful.

Truth be told 20 is just too old a guy for a 16-year-old girl.

• Nope me and my wife are 5 years apart and everything is going great.

• The general age is indeed a bit young, but if you two really fit toghether i can't see why it would be wrong.

• well the only issue is that your 16 tbh, if u were 20 and he was 24 it'd be less of a thing, I'm attracted to a girl whose 20 and i get shot though, so I don't know