Ladies, what would be the better first date?

I would like to know what the a woman would consider the better first date. Would you like something very simple, like just coffee, or just lunch. Would you rather have something in a group setting? Would dinner and a movie work well? Or should a guy go all out with flowers and an expensive dinner? Does he have to 'wow' you on the first date?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you start with flowers and an expensive dinner, on your first date, where do you go from there? And what is a girl expected to do, on a first date, after getting flowers and eating an expensive dinner? That can get a bit awkward. My favorite first dates were always the simpler, lower-pressure affairs. Maybe drinks or lunch, or an inexpensive dinner, followed by a walk around the neighborhood, where we could talk but also where the occasional gap in the conversation wasn't too noticeable. What wows a girl on a first date is not flowers and foie gras -- it's meeting and getting to know a caring, funny, attentive guy who may be good boyfriend material. So keep the focus on that, and you'll do great. Good luck!

What Girls Said 6

• The best first date I've ever had was at a amusement park believe it or not. It's a chance to get to know your date without "trying" so hard. When you both are having fun, you can really get to know the person without the heavy talking. You realize who they are, how they react to things - a perfect situation for both of you to share things like how you felt each ride. From experience, I've reached my comfort zone with him in the amusement park with just one date. For instance the roller coasters were so much fun but it was a chance to hold his hand and show that I was a little bit scared. Then we went on the ferris wheel, kissed and we were also able to share a romantic time with each other. Amusements parks are a place for chance, romance and fun!

• For me, the first date should be simple. A nice dinner and or lunch, where me and the guy can sit down and talk. Get to know each other a little bit more. Flowers and expensive dinners are great if you have been going out for a while and you want to make that one random date special. But it doesn't hurt to do that on the first date either. Lots of girls like that. But I prefer a fun and simple date.

He can "wow" me through the kind of guy he is not by how expensive the food was. If he's funny and wants to know more about me. He's "wow-ed" me already. A dinner is great but the movie isn't. I hate watching movies on the first date. There's no point. You just sit in a dark room and that's it. I think it should be more special then that. I mean sure. A movie is fine for later dates NOT the first one. That would just be boring for me. Another good date idea would be to try something crazy. A sport of some sort. That would be cool too.

At whole, a nice simple dinner/lunch, then a simple walk and just talking is great. As long as I get to know the other person better. Everything is good.

• Go Simple. Go out to lunch. If you have a beach nearby maybe you could go there? It doesn't have to be something all romantic and done up. I like going to the beach or any outdoor setting because I think its more laid back. No expectations, just fun.

• As most everyone else said, simple is best! First dates are usually kind of nerve racking, especially if you don't already know the person well (like a blind date). A lunch or coffee date is good, something simple with good conversation, that could lead to a more serious date. My first date with my current boyfriend was very nice. We had dinner at a nice restaurant, then we walked over to the book store for a cup of hot apple cider (this was in janurary). Then we took a walk and talked.

• I'd prefer something more casual like coffee, lunch, or just something as simple as getting ice-cream and going for a walk in a park or something together.

A guy doesn't really have to 'wow' me on a first date, especially if I already like him, the beauty is in enjoying the most simple things in life together. That rules out an expensive dinner. A rose or just one flower is sweet but bouquets are a little bit too much on a first date.

• Actually, IMHO, a date that does not involve food. The guy doesn't have to wow me on the first date with expensive things just avoid lunches or dinners. I get really nervous and the last thing I want to worry about on a first date is getting food in my teeth, bad breath or making a mess.

What Guys Said 0