Is it weird that I am attracted to younger guys?

Most of the guys I have liked or been attracted are younger. My first major crush was two years younger than me and I didn't pursue the relationship because I felt it was weird and now I flirting with a guy who is three years younger than me. He is really cool and I would like to get to know him a bit more but I'm afraid his family and my family would not approve. We are also from different racial groups so it might make it worse? I am 26 and he is 23. He looks matured for his age and I look younger than my age so physical appearance is not an issue. We both have good jobs and are independent. But is it weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is most definitely weird. Women naturally seek older men--older men have proven that they have what it takes to survive: they have established resources, experience, and knowledge (sometimes), which are qualities females naturally look for in males for protection and provision. It is out of the ordinary for women your age to desire younger men, for sure. But, I love that. I love people who can go against their instincts. For instance, males who dedicate their entire lives to one woman when they're biologically built to fuck 80% of the female population; and women who sacrifice for men.

It depends on which racial group and where you live. Most people in the U. S. would be fine with it, I think. Even in the south. Texas doesn't give a fuck. At least, nearer major cities most people don't care about race, much at all. There are still some problems, but not as many as people usually say about the south.

That said. It's not unacceptable in even society's eyes. No one is going to care much. They might be like, "Oh, that's a bit odd." But nothing more than that. They won't condemn you for it. The vast majority of people, at least. And, if you like him what's to stop you from going for him?

Most Helpful Girl

• I dated a younger guy. I didn't know it, since we started talking randomly while waiting in line one day. He was smart, funny and looked nice (dressed well and had good hygiene). We had so much in common, it was crazy! We decided to go grab some tea, and we talked for hours. Then we decided to go to the movies together that weekend.

I was dating him for a few months before he told me he turned 18 the week before he met me. I was totally shocked. He was a freshman at university and I was about to graduate. He seemed mature and I liked him, but then when then started to get closer to a year together he acted weird.

I never changed my habits, I don't go out drinking or partying. I was always cheerful and upbeat, but supportive when he needed me to be (when he was struggling with mid terms for instance, I helped him). Towards the end, after he asked me to move in with him, like a few days before the move he told me he had feelings for this blonde woman in his class, that was also 18.
    Not going to lie, that stung. But we had some good times before that happened.

TL;DR - as long as he's legal and you two get along well, I don't see a problem.

What Guys Said 27

• " He is really cool and I would like to get to know him a bit more but I'm afraid his family and my family would not approve. "

^is yer/his family against age difference, especially when gal's older than dude?

"We are also from different racial groups so it might make it worse?"

^hope not... unless if yer families r carin so much about races

"He looks matured for his age and I look younger than my age so physical appearance is not an issue. "

^actually this is another issue... does he mind lookin older whilst he's younger in fact?

"But is it weird?"

^definetely not... even if u were 56, i'd be cool wid it... personally at least... dunno about others!

• Are you attracted to younger guys or are you attracted to guys who just happen to be younger?

In my opinion, a 3 years difference is nothing and doesn't even count really. They are pretty much your age. But even if you really were attracted strictly to younger guys, so what? It's ok. Many men are attracted to young women and it's not a problem.

• Well, you are no spring chicken so age becomes less of an issue as you get a little older. When you are in your teens, it's kind of a big deal but late twenties not so much.

• ^ LOL "spring chicken"... she's 19-24! I mean I know I'm no spring chicken, but she's definitely still in the young category

• haha, I thought it was funny to write that, she is 26 so she's more like a late spring chicken lol

• Ya know right there's relationships where one partner is 30 and the other is like 50. And three years is nothing.

• That is not too weird at that age, people can have a lot in common or be sufficiently mature even with a 3 years difference.

• Cougar in the making :P

• 3 years is huge in your teens but is hardly anything in your 20's. It becomes meaningless as you approach your 30's.

When I read the question title I assumed you were talking about a near 10 year difference.

• Only be weird if he was like..15

• Not at all! Some people can find younger people cuter.

• I was "friends" with a 25 year old when i got out of highschool. We were together for about half a year. and got along great. The only reason we broke it off was because I was going in the military, and we were worried about what other's would think.

• I don't find it weird, and my opinion doesn't matter anyway. It's your relationship, not mine.

• Not weird many I've seen many women who're into younger dudes

• Not at all! I'm 31 and still attracted to older women. Sometimes even by ten years. Three years is nothing to be a least bit concerned about. Just make sure you know what your getting into. As on if he wants a relationship or just a fling.

• So you like the pre teens...

• It's not weird at all. I dated a 27-year-old when I was like 20, and we got along very well.

• Nothing weird just do what you feel is right everything else is secondry

• No its perfectly normal and you should go with it.

• no, not younger, either. 5 and up is what i call older.

• why not? why the hell not?

• not.. u are totally fine go find some hapiness girl :)

• No, it's not weird.

• yea ur a peado

• Not really. It's 10 years difference when it starts to get weird.

• no , it is actually make you like a rare gem , since most women are usually into older men

• if both are over 18 and it's not some huge difference (I would say 10 years, like others, might be a bit much, at least if one is in their early 20's) then it's all good. you're 3 years older, in 10 years nobody will care. nobody should care now

• Ages? And races?

• Race really doesn't matter.
    I'm from a redneck white family. Girlfriend is first generation American (from Korea).
    Personally, I think as long as the two of you are generally in the same place in life as one another, it's fine.
    Like if one is still getting their life together, while the other is starting their career, or looking to settle down, it'll cause road bumps. But age isn't necessarily the key issue.

If you want a solid, set-in-stone number to go by, I suppose you could go by the "half plus seven" rule.

What Girls Said 11

• I actually prefer younger guys now (although maybe not more than 5 years younger right now). They generally seem less jaded/ more sincere and open to falling in love and having a serious relationship than the older guys that I have dated in the past.

And I NEVER thought I would ever date anyone younger than me. I used to date 5-10 years older.

• 2-3 years is not a big deal, no matter if you're a guy or a girl. And I don't think it's weird, I can find younger guys cute too and sometimes you only know they're younger when they tell you, because mentally you wouldn't notice any difference in some of them. Like, I don't think I changed that much from 17 yo to 19yo, I still keep the same ideals, I just know more stuff.

• When I was young I liked older guys college guys when I was 16 and up. Now in my 40's I keep ending up with guys ten years younger even but always professional with their act together a home and nice car and good values. But one kid from Spain was 25 he was just friggin hot and he had his own business!

• Race doesn't matter at all honey :) and as for your age right now you're fine. And if your parents don't like it too bad! Your a grown ass woman and you can make your own decisions! I like guys of all ages haha I've liked guys 2-3 years younger and older haha

• Not even in hell would I do that. There is a massive maturity difference, my mum is one year older than dad and it makes her to appear to be 10 years older. It is not weird, but I don't think its necessarily wise to have a younger or significantly older age gap. However, you should still go for it and just ignore what the family thinks of you, if it is true love than nothing else matters!.

• no.. it is not.. do whatever makes you happy.. :)

• Sameee. Im entering my senior year of high school and so far my crushes have been a year, two, or three years younger than me...

• As long as he's not underaged its okay. I think as women get older like in their 30's they'll prefer younger men. I know I probably will.

• It's not weird at all.

• No, it's not weird!

• It's fine when it's 2 or 3 years apart.
    But if it's more then 6 it starts to get a little weird.