Do men like to be chased?

• I like being chased more than chasing someone
  • I like chasing. Not being chased.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think more than anything, most men just want to be appreciated. Tell us we are doing things right, and guys will be happy.
    As for guys getting chased, I would never pretend to speak for all men, but I know quite a few of us like it when a girl makes the advances. Sometimes, you just get damn tired of chasing after girls, especially ones who will lead you on just to get a couple free drinks.

• I try not to lead guys on. I lead the first guy I've ever talked to on bc I was inexperienced and didn't know what to do. But I understand what your saying.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmmm I doubt it in many cases

• Good because I don't chase lol 😂

• Thanks 4 mho!!!

• You're welcome!

What Guys Said 12

• Chased? Not really. Early in a relationship I can be pretty defensive about my personal space, and having free time if I need it, combination of emotional baggage and not liking to be rushed.
    Prefer to chase? Perhaps... to an extent. Girls who intentionaly play hard to get, just come across as manipulative and high maintanence... but Im not adverse to putting in a little work once the statements of intent are made.

... However, and I think this is important and needs to be said: Early on, women need to meet guys half way.
    Most guys these days have been raised by feminist mothers, surrounded by feminist media. It's hammered into guys that if they approach a girl looking for a relationship that they are sexually objectifying those women and they should be ashamed of themselves. Guys still want to approach... its sort of a biological imperitive lol, but these days so many of us are afraid of that early minefield.
    What if she takes it the wrong way? What if she thinks im a creep? What if she laughs in my face? etc etc etc
    Modern gender politics have made something which was already really hard much more complex.
    So throw us a bone. If a guy is looking at you and you like him, it's okay for you to gesture for him to come over. And if a guy is always nice to you and you think he might be flirting, why not ask him out for coffee? Just to make that first step easier?

• ehh.. its not the chase I like, its when a girl gives back. why do I want to be chased lol :P

• Not actually chased, that can be very awkward and unpleasant. The ideal is to have a girl make it plain in a low key manner that any proposition from you to get jiggly would be accepted. It saves a lot of time and trouble.

• So instead of the girl making a move on you, you'd rather have the girl say that she wants you to make a move?

That's pretty backwards logic. Nothing wrong with girls making a move themselves.

• @Maverickj

Not exactly, it's more a matter of avoiding embarrassment by keeping everything subtle but not so subtle as to be ambiguous. As one of my girlfriends put it to me after we were together, "I was trying to catch your eye for an hour and when you didn't notice me I decided the only way I was going to get your attention was to stand in front of you and stick my chest in your face". That worked, she had an extremely fine chest (and was well aware of it).

• I only like being courted if I'm interested otherwise it's troublesome. I'd imagine it to be the same the other way.

• I'm a little shy, so being chased could be good. My best dates happened somewhere in the middle, though.

• Sure we like being chased *Blushes*

• I like being chased and I like to chase, but I like being prey more heh

• I do like chasing XD

• Yeah I like being chased

• I would rather being chased instead of chasing someone. Chase me if u can haha

• It's going to depend on the woman doing the chasing.

• Yes, I love it.

I'm very shy, so it's very welcome.

What Girls Said 0