How early in relationships should you start splitting the bill?

What do you guys think about a guy who wants to start splitting the bill early on?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine if he can't afford it

But if he's making 6 figures then he's cheap, but it could also be principal

• Should be like 3rd date maybe she can pay but doesn't have to be split all bills from now on

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like splitting the bill. I prefer taking turns paying, and I will generally pick up the tab on the second date. Unless I asked him out on the first date, in which case I will pay since I was the one who asked.

What Guys Said 10

• At the start. He can pay for the first date if he asked, but after that it's either split, or take turns, he doesn't have to pay for it unless he really wants to.
    As far as I know, if you're in a relationship with me, you want me, not the money. If a girl expects me to keep paying everything after the first date she's gonna get dumped, I want a grown independent woman, not a kid.

• Lol ummm I always split the bill and say it up front since I'm not going to be those doormats that give women a free meal

• When you start dating , i have no problem if i pay for the whole bill

• Take turns. It's more romantic.

• I would want to split it from the start.

• I don't think ever..

• Should be 50/50

• I like to go dutch whenever possible unless one of us is short. If you're dating you have to expect to cover for some nights, but i do think going about half should be the norm except birthdays and stuff.

I've seen girls "take their boyfriends out" where the girl just picks stuff and the guy foots the bill. I can't help cringing when guys do that.

• Day one, or she's nothing more than a pump and dump.

• How about... IMMEDIATELY?

What Girls Said 2

• on 2nd date..

• I'd love that. He can pay for the first date, whatever. But after that... I'm paying for myself, or we just pay together..