Would you date someone with HIV?

Say you like this man or women a lot and you wanted to get intimate with them. You take them back to your place and get them in the mood, but they stop you. You're confused as to why, and they hesitate. Finally they come out and say

"I have HIV."

You're shocked and don't know what to think. How would you react to this? Would you stay with them, or leave?

• Yes, I would date someone with HIV.
  • No, I would NOT date someone with HIV.
  • Maybe, I would at least give them a chance.
  • Other.
I asked this before a couple of months prior, I'm just asking again because I'm bored.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's tough because the disease now is basically the most damaging to your reputation than it is to your health. Modern medicine basically makes it not that harmful at all. But HIV and AIDS have a stigma attached to it worse than any other and if the relationship doesn't work your chances of ever being able to get into another relationship being honest with your disease is slim to none.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a Good friend who has been Living with Someone for Years, @RainbowFanGirl, with a guy who Has... HIV. She Suspected but never knew the not so sweet truth until One day, he had to have tests and she had sent him to her doctor and found out the Proof in the pudding.
    He had acquired This when he was with an Ex wife, who died of Aids and cancer. She was a drug addict and had lived on the streets of New York and when they got back together as two birds of a feather, she gave this to him. In fact, the Girl before my 'Good friend' had died of Aids when She had lived with him First.
    My friend freaked out a bit but got tested right away and found out with each and every test There after, that she doesn't have This. Living with him, sharing certain things and Not, for I have asked her and confronted her a million times over, how she does this and she says she loves him and will never desert him as long as she lives. She says they work as a team to overcome any steam.
    I would Personally Not get myself Involved with an HIV man because it can be a Risk. However, people who fall in love or even find out on the spot, still have sex, work it out and live happily ever after.
    Good luck. xx

• That is so sad. :(

• Yes, it breaks her heart that Sex is Not on their list of love things to do Anymore for it is risky but they stick together like glue and make it work and will love one another until death do they part. It takes a special person to Do this kind of relationship and she is this angel who has the love and patience and the wings to make it work. xx

What Guys Said 21

• Sorry but... sigh...
    This is gonna make me feel like a piece of shit but I just can't , no.
    Good friends , sure.
    Date.
    No.

• No, there's too much risk there. What if I get infected? I could die in the future cause of that. And even if I don't die, if we break up, there's gonna be women, most of them, that will reject me cause of that.
    I'm sorry for them, but I'm not gonna risk my health.

• Well, I guess you could have protected sex... I mean HIV is just the virus that leads to AIDS but can be 100% contained and controlled so I mean there's a possibility but I don't know,, Would have to be a really really special someone.

• Let's ask my aunt about this! Oh we can't!! She's dead from AIDS courtesy of my uncle who also died of AIDS.

• It highly depends. At least they told you, which I would be ever thankful for.

Otherwise, no sex. Sorry but FUCK that. We might find a way but no sex whatsoever.

But I really can't say until I am in that position.

• Not gonna lie, I feel bad for saying this, but I could not. I would always worry about the situation, and I don't think I could be a good partner for them as a result. That would hurt me too much.

• I would date but not have sex with them. I've never dated nor had sex in my life so at least a date with someone who might really like me is better than not dating at all.

• The main down side would be that she might not have many years left. But I can live without sex. Been fine without it my whole life.

• Cure for HIV is near.

• I would be their friend but couldn't be anything more

• No I would not

I think most people that don't have HIV feel they deserve a women that's also doesn't have.

• I couldn't do it. I would want to have sex, and the risk is far too high!

• No, I wouldn't.

• I dont really know... accidents may happen. And i dont know if its !00% safe to have clean kids wwith that person.

• I'd run home and clean myself thoroughly, never speaking to them again.

• Umm nope i dont think so! I dont want to get infected.

• i don't think i could

• Yeah I would date someone with hiv but I wouldn't have sex with them

• I would date them, but I'm not sure if I'd have sex with them. I'd have to think about that.

• No I would not.

• I don`t want to die

• I'll not only leave, I'll run...

What Girls Said 15

• No, I am not interested in contracting HIV nor do I want to fall for someone who may end up dying before we ever even get to enjoy certain things together. It would take someone truly amazing and incredible to change my mind.

• No. I don't think they would expect me to either. I wouldn't leave, I'd sit and talk and thank them for how courageous they were in telling me. That's a huge thing to do.

• Well I could never just go back to someones place and fuck them in the first place lol.

But if I ended up falling in love with someone with it, then I would continue to date them and I would consider having a sexual relationship with them.

I'm pretty sure that if they're on certain types of medication as treatment for it, it helps reduce the chances as well.

• Lol. It's just a scenario. :)

• I know :) I was just thinking, "does my answer count" if I don't fit that haha. But i'm curious to see the answers as well lol

• That's a tough choice, I date them and kiss. But sex I'm not to sure, there are precautions that would need to happen in order for me to even actually consider it

• I would date the person if I like it, but I wouldn't have sex with them...

• I am sorry but I could not. Health is important. And it is very risky situation.

• No because then I couldnt enjoy intimacy. I'd be to paranoid. 😕

• Probably not. Very treatable today but I dont want to take that risk.

• I wouldn't want to date someone with HIV.

• Most certainly not

• Maybe, I'm not sure.

• Hell fuck no!

• Hell no. I'd never date someone with HIV, I wouldn't even think twice before kicking his infected ass goodbye.

• I feel sorry for them, I truly do. But I don't want to risk it.

• I don't really know.. it's hard. I'll probably stay with them but I won't have sex with them :/