"As you wish" Princess Bride meaning?

I was texting the guy I like and he said replied that to one of my messages. I asked him what he meant and he said it was a quote from the princess bride which I've never seen. He won't tell me what it means so could someone explain it? Thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• That was a line used by Westley, a farm hand :) Basically Buttercup is this beautiful rich girl who enjoys forcing him to do chores constantly, she doesn't really consider him a person at that point and she tries to torture him through hard work and he remains calm and just replies 'As you wish' to whatever she tells him to do. I mean, literally, it means that he's going to do what she says. But the narrator reveals that what he really meant every time he said 'As you wish' was 'I love you'. It's repeated a lot throughout the book/film, and it's pretty romantic given the various contexts it's used.

What Guys Said 2

• It means "I love you". That's what it means in the book and in the movie. Even Urban Dictionary says that.
    Unfortunately, some people just say this as an alternative to "ok" which ruins it for us romantics.

I snuck out of the house at 3am just so I could deliver The Princess Bride book to my crush, just so I could eventually tell her "as you wish". But she doesn't really ask anything of me these days...

• Use Google.

In the story, the princess meets her childhood love who she knows only as "Pirate Roberts." He is "kidnapping her" to keep he safe, but she doesn't know that. As they go along the countryside she makes little demands, and he always responds with, "as you wish."

What Girls Said 1

• the guy says it to the girl throughout their life and its his way of saying "i love you"