Is dating in high school stupid?

Is dating in high school a foolish waste of time or is it a good learning experience?

• yes it is a waste of time
  • No, it is not a waste of time and can be beneficial
  • Depends

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think so, but at the same time, it shouldn't be taken too seriously. Most high school romances won't last through college, let alone lead to marriage. They do once every now and then, but not very often.

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend think it is because most of the relationships end up and most of poeple are too immature. For him, relationships only are worth it if they're forever. That's why he doesn't see the point in dating before 18 yo. But I don't think so. I don't see things in that way. I experienced a lot of stuff and real love while I was in highschool. Even if it didn't last forever, I don't think it was a waste of time, I think it was worth it and it's part of teenage life, I don't regret anything.

What Guys Said 10

• All dating is a learning experience.

Don't let it interfere with your academic learning experience.

• Kind of. It depends on the person you are dating. You can learn from the experience, but it is silly to date just for the sake of dating.

• Depends on the individual I happened to have enjoyed it and was able to have and maintain a serious relationship during it. I can't speak for everyone though.

• I honestly regret not being able to date anyone through high school. The extra experience I feel would be helpful...

• Good learning experience so long as you understand that its not the time to get serious. By dating you learn about whatever gender it is you want to date and get an idea of what you like or don't like.

• It is indeed pointless.

• It's a waste of money and if your grades slide it's a waste of everything.

• My crush thought so but didn't even say it , she just smiled. Too bad for both because she crushed on me too and by the time we got both to college I was moving on.

• It's NOT But most girls in HIgh school like bad boys, douche bags and jerks. So yeah basically it's in between waste of time and can be beneficial if the girl is smart enough to date the RIGHT guy.

• for guys it is but for girls its a way to get free stuff.

• so you wouldn't date in high school?

• That's hilarious, but I believe in splitting the bill 😂

What Girls Said 7

• i think it's pointless.

• No its not a waste of time. Just date, have fun, use guys for sex when needed like the guys do to girls (cuz girls have "needs"too) safe and protected of course. Dont get emotionally attached til you finally find the right guy who treats you like you deserve, it can happen.

• Its a learning thing most of the time, I definitely dont think its bad to date or to avoid it either. Its all up to the individual

• I don't think it's stupid but i think it's unrealistic to think it'll last forver. I think it's mainly for experience and to have a special someone in your life because there's nothing like having the person you love with you

• It depends on the person.

• In my opinon yes since it will more then likely not last into college

• Yeah, its a waste of time.

You have plenty of time in your twenties for dating.

Focus on getting an education first.