Do you think my boyfriend is likely to cheat on me again?

My boyfriend cheated on me one time a few months ago because I was out of town and not quickly responding to his calls/texts and he said he felt neglected so he went to another woman for comfort. I was quite alarmed because he was so in love with me leading up to that. We broke up for two weeks but got back together cause I was feeling lonely. Now, I'm about to go on a study abroad for 4 months. I'm worried my boyfriend will cheat again because we'll be in time zones 9 hours apart and I won't always be available to text/call him (which was the reason he cheated in the first place). He promises he won't cheat and even apologized to my father and asked for his forgivness. Do you think I should believe him or do you think he's likely to cheat again?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no good excuse for cheating. I'm surprised he even guilt tripped you into thinking it's okay...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not going to lie, it doesn't sound good. Why is he so quick to cheat when he wasn't able to get a hold of you? Sounds like the first time he cheated, it was only a day or even just a matter of hours of no contact and he was cheating.

But to be honest, I really don't think him not being able to talk to you in a short period of time is any excuse for cheating.

However, if he's worked on his issues, then I think it's possible he could stay faithful.

I think you really need to think about why you are in this relationship in the first place. From what you posted it sounds like you only went back to him because you were lonely. I can understand that, but you deserve so much better than a guy who will cheats on you.

Any guy who truly loves you will not cheat on you period. To me, what he said sounds like an excuse to justify his actions. Which to me is a very poor justification.

While you are away at school, you have a chance to meet guys who will treat you so much better than he does.

I think you need to take some time to reflect. Make some new friends and have some fun.

in my opinion sounds like you will be worried that he will cheat the whole time you are away studying. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

But again, if you truly love him and he is devoted to you. I say it's worth a shot. But be very careful with this guy.

What Guys Said 7

• He didn't cheat because you weren't available... he cheated because he thought he could get away with it. How did you find out he cheated?

• He'll do it again...

• You have more chance of pissing gold than him staying faithful.
    Personally... the fact you got back together because ya lonely :/ was a bad move... should have just left it as it were and moved on

• If he has done it once, he will do it again. once that line has been crossed, its really hard to go back across.

• Yes he will.. that simple

• It's he's done it once, he'll probably do it again, unless he hasn't gone through puberty yet then us men don't really change our actions until we're nearly 40 and decide to grow up

• Once a cheater, always a cheater, never believe him again,
    pls help me,
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1644451-what-does-she-want

What Girls Said 4

• Once a cheater always one

• Trust your heart. You already know the answer to your question. You deserve a stronger partner.

Loyalty and respect are things you should require in every relationship. Right now is YOUR time to explore and discover yourself. You don't need a weak willed person standing in your way. Best of luck. ❤

• 4 months is a long time to be away from someone and he cheated on you for comfort he is going to be lonely for 4 months without u its just an excuse he used so he can validate cheating on he may cheat on u again if u have doubts then drop him. If your lonely find out more about yourself and stay focus on improving you

• There's a pretty big chance he will do it again since he's done it before. I think you should focus on yourself and your trip instead of worrying about what he gets up to back home. You deserve better then this...