Boyfriend won't let me meet his family after 6 years should I leave?

I have been with my boyfriend for about 6 years its been nothing but drama he lives with his ex for the majority of our relationship he just got hos own place. Every time i ask can meet his family he gets defensive he gets loud and starts yellong calling me stupid for asking and a bitch. He is 20 years older than me i think he won't let me meet his family because im mixed im Dominican and Black and he is from Romanian the relationship itself is very toxic

Most Helpful Guy

• This relationship is a bigger failure than Fantastic 4. Girl, get out of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• One More Year, @rsstanford, This then would be Considered what I call the "Seven year itch," where someone is getting Itchy to just get out on their own and leave it all behind, and this would Be... You. In your case, this Toxic Waste is just a waste of space and of your precious time.
    You have had Drama Queen redrick for a Month of Mondays and with him living with this ghost of yesterday and Not letting you be part of his own family on the other end, the name calling and disrespect that is in this Mixed beaten path bag is telling me and it should be telling you, that this Party is Over and time to give Rover his walking papers.
    He is a bull dog and a big mouth and if you stay any longer, each year, here, dear, will only get worse, with him barking up the wrong tree and putting you on a short leash in this so-called 'Our relationship.'
    It's War of the Roses and if he won't close the closure closet on that skeleton or allow you to Meet the parents, then tell him to lift his leg elsewhere now.
    Good luck, you deserve better. xx

What Guys Said 4

• This is why you/he should have #dated someone within your/his own age group. So he wouldn't have to be ashamed of having a girlfriend that could be his daughter's age to introduce to his family

Also he was like 35 dating a 16-year-old? Yeah... this whole thing sounds toxic/creepy as hell

So yeah you should leave him.

• "Every time i ask can meet his family he gets defensive he gets loud and starts yellong calling me stupid for asking and a bitch"

The dude acts like a douchebag 16 year old at 42. Leave him.

• I think he is with his ex and you are just there for sexual gratification

• I cringed while reading this

What Girls Said 11

• Uh yeah you you should leave! I would have been asking this question about 5.5 years ago. Plus the fact that he thinks it's okay to call you a bitch is a huge red flag. He doesn't respect you so the relationship is over.

• why do you even ask? you know the answer to this one. Living with his ex? come on girl...
    Your relationship will not go anywhere ever and if it is toxic and if he doesn't even respect you enough to answer a simple request like that after 6 years he is not worth another minute of your precious time.
    Drop him like a hot potatoe and move on. you owe it to yourself to be with someone that treats you right and makes you happy.

• yes.. he is a total Dick.. leave and don't waste your time with him

• So you been with him since you were 16... Something says he's a fucking pedo and an emotionally crippled man. He's hiding something.

• yeah just leave that entire relationship. there's no reason for him to be living with his ex. he sounds psychotic. after 6 years you definitely should have met his family already. he's obviously hiding something and using you lol

• He is 42 and you are 22? Wtf you serious? That guy is a criminal fucking a freaking 16 years old. And you have issues as well I assume.

• Leave him.

• he lives with his ex gf? why are you dating him?

• You have to take care sweety because it seems that he is not serious or he is a big player

• You should have left a long time ago. You seem to be stuck on the issues of race. I feel it goes deeper than that. You need to leave like yesterday.

• Dump him. You're wasting your time.