My boyfriend's parents don't like me?

Hello internet.

i met this perfect guy (we have been together for 8 months now). He has good morals and he's not all about sex. he's done so many things to prove he's a keeper! MY parents LOVE HIM, but HIS parents dont :( there are times we got into fights but we are strong enough to work it out and thats what i love about us. He does mention our problems to his parents if he do get into fights and since then (he was honest with me), his parents think im immature. That right there got me worried and a bit upset. I dont want to lose him or end things but at the same time i should feel comfortable around his family? I've had supper with his family multiple times and they seem nice and smiley and friendly. His parents even got me a present yesterday which is very recent from their trip. But after finding out they dont like me im too afraid to even interact with his family :/. I really love this guy. He is a keeper! And he's alaways here for me when i need him. How do i deal with his parents? I want them to like me and i am welcome for supper tomorrow but now im just lost and uncomfortable :( had anyone had this problem? I wish he didn't discuss our fights with his parents :/ any tips? Thanks. I am sure i love this guy his actions proved it. But his parents though... I feel so bad now i thought they liked me.

Most Helpful Guy

• "i met this perfect guy (we have been together for 8 months now). He has good morals and he's not all about sex. he's done so many things to prove he's a keeper! MY parents LOVE HIM, but HIS parents dont "

^i'm glad u r happy being together... but how old this guy's? i assume he's >18, and if that's so i believe his parents shouldn't tell him who should date or not

"there are times we got into fights but we are strong enough to work it out and thats what i love about us."

^hope those fights don't occur often otherwise i'm afraid things r doomed :/

" He does mention our problems to his parents if he do get into fights and since then (he was honest with me), his parents think im immature."

^even if it was HIS fault when u started a fight? if that's so that's wrong in my opinion.

"That right there got me worried and a bit upset. I dont want to lose him or end things but at the same time i should feel comfortable around his family? I've had supper with his family multiple times and they seem nice and smiley and friendly. His parents even got me a present yesterday which is very recent from their trip."

^i'm afraid they r backstabbers... they pretend being nice to u and buyin u presents but they talk shit behind yer back :/

"I really love this guy. He is a keeper! And he's alaways here for me when i need him. How do i deal with his parents?"

^this is up to him and only basically... he has to choose... ignore his parents opinion and be wid u... or dump u just coz of his parents' opinion (even if he's against it)

"I want them to like me and i am welcome for supper tomorrow but now im just lost and uncomfortable"

^if u feel uncomfortable just refuse, and xplain yer reasons to him y u won't go

Most Helpful Girl

• Guess what. Some people assume things and imagine things in their mind. Can you get into their minds? NO.
    So let it go. Just ignore them.
    And i do not think they do not love you by the way. Thinking you immature is different than not liking someone.
    They like you. This is why they brought you present; but they probably do not obey some of your behaviors.
    They are parents of your love so you have to be patient and you have to be respectful towards them.
    Noone is expecting more.
    You can not please everyone. You have found your love so you need to be just happy :) <3

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You don't deal with them. You avoid them like plague.