Could you ever love a girl with scars?

Self harm scars.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had an ex who cut... which I think is worse than just the scars form the past in terms of dating. I am happy she got the help she needed and worked through it, but it was not possible while dating anyone...

At the time though, it was rough but I still cared for her greatly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, why not?

What Guys Said 10

• Accident or surgery scars? No problems.
    Self harm, I'd want to be sure she's 100% over it.

• Yes I could, as long as she's done with that part of her life.

• Yes, as long as she promises to stop harming herself and become a happy person, because i don't want to be involved with a moody depressed girl, and its scary constantly having to worry for your loved ones life.

• yes I could

• Only if she has completely stopped self-harming and understands why it was wrong.

• Yes. But I'd make sure she wouldn't get any more

• yes, but i wouldn't recommend any girl to harm themselves

• Would I invest my time in such a girl - no.
    I've had my share of mentally unstable women... not something I plan on repeating.
    I prefer a relationship where I don't have to worry constantly and act as a caretaker.
    Too much stress and pressure.

• Sure, if she is pretty.

• Yes, scars tell a story, your story.

What Girls Said 2

• Everybody gets scars. If they're self harming scars, don't try to get into a relationship until you've stopped. Guys can love a girl with scars who used to self harm just fine if she is over it. If she is still doing it, then many would not feel comfortable in a relationship with that type of person. There are lotions/oils you can use to fade scars out like bio oil.

• Scars are evidence that you are stronger than whatever it is that tried " hurt" you

As long as you are emotionally healed then i don't see why a guy wouldn't date you. Your strength of character defines you.. not your scars