How long does it take for your boyfriend or just someone you're talking to to not reply before you start getting annoyed or angry?

Hours, days, a week? If it's different for a guy your just talking to and a boyfriend please elaborate :)

• He has to reply within a few minutes or I'm pissed!
  • He has to reply in a few hours
  • I can wait a day for a reply
  • A few days (2 or more)
  • If I haven't heard from him in a week, he can kiss my ass!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think past 24 hours for me. I am annoyed though by the people that freak out at me if I don't respond within 4 hours. I'm not ignoring them I do just go that long without looking at my phone. And a LOT of women lose their shit past like the 3 hour mark from their last text...

• That's awful. I wish more people realized that others aren't glued to their phones 24/7. My friends and I often go months without replying because we all lead busy lives. I just don't get people who lose their shit at 3 hours :/

• I know right? They need to understand that people have lives, jobs, school, family, friends, etc. So they can't be online or on their phones all the time. Those kind of people annoy the hell outta me. But I also think, you shouldn't go a few days w/o hearing from your gf/bf or the person you're dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because my boyfriend has major health problems, it is more that I get worried than get pissed off. He is very good at returning my texts and calls. If I do not hear from him within 12 hours I start to worry because we talk 2-3 times a day on the phone, unless he is spending the day with his kids and then we may only talk once that day.

I think it depends on the type of relationship and what you and your significant other have become accustomed to. For most people, I think that if they had not heard back from their significant other that day that they would be irritated. If it is just a crush or they are casually dating maybe 2 or 3 days.

What Guys Said 2

• Never. I don't expect every person to reply back. If they don't reply it's not a big deal at all. Expecting someone to reply back is controlling. I'm not going to do it to someone else, and they sure as heck aren't going to do it with me. If someone ever expected me to reply back every time, it's going to very seriously hurt our relationship.

• I give her a few days before I write her off as not interested.

What Girls Said 2

• A day annoys me and then I start getting pissed unless they give me prior notice.

• Where's the option "I don't get upset because I understand the other person may be having a hectic week and may be too busy to be replying to texts"?

• lol you just comment that. And usually no matter how hectic your schedule is, you'd at least have time to reply within a week! Unless the person is in a jungle or a desert and there's no signal, there's no reason they can't reply within a week.

• Friends are a different story, I don't talk to mine everyday either. But the thing is, you and your SO have SOME kind of communication. Calls. What if you're just messaging each other, no phone calls. The only form of communication you guys have is texting. That's my question.

• Like I said, we're both very busy and we understand and respect that. If he doesn't reply for a week I will still assume he has a good reason for it and will not get quickly offended.