How much do you trust someone you met online?

I met someone in the internet. I really like him. He's very honest, kind and funny. But I have got a problem with trusting people. He wants my phone number. He says he wants to call me. What shoul I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can never trust someone fully until I've had the opportunity to look them in the eye personally. That being said, I trust people enough online to the point were I give them basic information, stuff that wouldn't really negatively effect me if they knew but that is only if I've spoken to them and gotten to know them to an extent.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't... It takes some time to get my trust, but I've given away my kik to several people online already

I'd say that I'd rather chat on the internet, and don't want to be on my phone all the time, and that's actually the truth... my phone is just crap and when calling >I can't multitask no more

What Guys Said 6

• No risk, no reward. Giving a phone number to someone is pretty standard. If someone is a pain in the ass you just block them. I wouldn't trust anyone on the internet that wouldn't exchange their number with me. I'd assume their a fraud that like dick with people over the internet rather than a human being that wants to get to know people.

• It's all about gut instinct. If you trust him give him your phone number. If you don't trust him fully tell him you need some more time to get to know him better and then maybe offer your number when you're comfortable.

• Make him buy you one of those cheap phones and send it to your PO Box. Then if he acts crazy throw away his phone. Problem solved.

• he knows me and he saw me

• No one can totally trust a stranger they meet of line or in person for that mater. Trust has to be built it's not automatic.

• You're right

• I wouldn't give a phone number until you know more about him. Ted Bundy could come off that way too.

• Ted Bundy? Really? :D

• Well, he was around before the internet, but apparently could be quite charming. Psychos who drool and wave around chainsaws usually don't stay loose very long.

• Just give it to him, if you want you can block him later

• No wait if you met in person + BE VERY CAREFUL if you're going out with that person. The are a lot of predators looking to abuse children. PLEASE be careful and always go to public place and never at night, never!

• But if I don't give him my number if I'm afraid our communication will be established

• Thank you for the video. I don't plan to meet him. Just add on facebook.

What Girls Said 4

• not that much. I'm very careful with what i reveal online.

• You should just talk to him through Skype texting or voice talk. Make a new account for that so you can suss him out before you know he's not a psychopath.

Don't give out your number.

• Face time, video chat, anything that proves he's not a serial killer or troll

• I don't trust people online.