Guys, if a girl who turned you down, suddenly send you a message "I miss you, now the ball is at your court", what would you do?

• contact her
    40% (16)
  • ignore her
    60% (24)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll
I like him from the very beginning and I have reasons to blow him off: I just broke up and was in a bad mood, really depressed at that time. I didn't know what to do to him and didn't know how to behave.

20

Most Helpful Guy

• So first she turns me down, then after the guy she chose over me breaks up with her she comes back to me as the "backup plan" and uses a condescending phrase like "the ball is in you court"

I'd either ignore it or respond back
    "keep the ball, I forfeit"

What Guys Said 19

• 0|1
  • "Hahahahahahahaha make like a tree and fuck off."

That's what my reply would be.

• Why would the ball be in my court? If anything the ball is still in her court. "I miss you". What the hell is that? What am I supposed to do with that? And then telling me the ball is in my court. I'd think this girl is out of her fucking mind, especially after she turned me down. Does she think that saying three words will get me running back to her? She has to make more of an effort. Otherwise she isn't worth the toilet water I shit in.

• Here, keep the ball.

• I'd think she's an attention whore that likes to play games... She got cut off from her attention addiction after she rejected the dude and is now acting like a crack fiend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Iabn-5nerQ

• I would contact her and tell her we need to make this work out cause
    i can't keep going on her roller coaster ride that she keeps leading me on

• i would sau fuck off

• I think you need to, steer clear of the tennis analogies. Maybe explain the situation to him like a rational adult. Guys can be a bit prickly if you turned the, down once, so it has to be done with care.

• yeah I already feel like I'm irrational now, and I've asked a lot of questions here about this same issue..

what if I text him like this " How's everything going? Happy with the person you are seeing? Now I began to miss you.. I never let you know that I actually liked you. If you still want to meet, call/text me back, otherwise you can't reach me anymore because I will soon change a new number"

• I don't think you should contact him while he's seeing someone else.

• I'd probably be like "Who's this?" since I likely would've moved on and been trying my luck with hundreds of other women.

• Why set yourself up for another rejection? After the rejection
    I'd say "Fuck you very much ! " And walk out and never talk to
    her again.. Make that bitch beg for your ass, fuck her, use her, dump her.

• it depends on wether or not I was in a relationship or if I had truly moved past her or was still interested

• Gonna be honest here my response would be along the lines of " Are you taking the piss? I'm NEVER going to be second best !! " You have put your worst foot forward here. Look on the bright side , a woman can easily get another man if she so chooses.

• I think you should have told him when he asked you out that you were interested but not ready yet. If you texted him that the ball is in his court he would probably either think that you were interested or that you were annoyingly indecisive.

• Any guy with a hint of self esteem would tell you to piss off. I personally would try get with your friends and let you know about it.

• This is what happens when you treat love and dating like a game...

• i would contact her but she will need to prove that she miss me or want me

• i would contact the girl bad just to make her feel like shit.

• Screw that. I wasn't good enough for her before, why the difference now? Because she needs someone to be her emotional tampon while she searches for a guy she actually likes?

Bullshit, not dealing with her. Ignore 100% of the time.

• "now the ball is at your court"

That's seriously an asshole thing to say.

• why?

• Because you blow him off go so long without talking and then come back say you miss him and then basically just want him to do the work from there?

• not that long, only a bit more than a week he asked me out. And I have reasons to blow him off: I just broke up and was in a bad mood, really depressed at that time. I like him from the very beginning, but I don't know what to do and don't know how to behave